Hi, im looking for a graphic design for a menu i want to make.

I would like it to be a fast program and all the menus i make are a bit slow and i dont really feel like going thru all the programs at ticalc.org

if anyone could help me out that would be great..
A little bit more information would be nice for this.
I'm assuming he's talking about a menu on the graphscreen...but thats my guess as to the question.
yes. i am sorry for not providing enough details. It would be on the graph screen, otherwise i could use the simple menu( snippet.

It would include 5 options:
-Pre-cal
-Algebra 2
-Agenda
-Options
-Quit

could include graphics when you choose an option (like a sliding bar or whatnot)

if you need more details, just ask
Well, I could easily create you one, would take me less than 15 minutes. Only problem is, I do not know what you want it to look like, nor do I know how you want the info to be stored for key presses to exit the loop, etc.

Want me to come up with one, and see what changes you would like done?
that would be totally awesome

i usually need help getting started, after that i can keep rolling
whats the prob?

just place text on the screen using

text(

and use something that shows the user what option he has currently selected...eg.

"-->" and have the coordinates of that changed based on keypress...or have the options numbered.

Do u need help with design or coding? (I suppose that should've been my first q)

How does that work for you??
ya thx that looks good..
i have a style that could go with that...ill post it on next hod on..
Oh yes, I should mention that I exit the loop using 3->W, if you keep everything before the very last End statement, and use While loops, you can use that as the Lbl/Goto system Smile
how does this look?

(arrow being start menu and power being graph button exit)
looks pretty cool.

When you have the user drop the menu back down, you could have it simply revert back to W=1 to refresh the looks of the menu. Smile

Also, Weregoose of UTI did a test, if you change the line A+6((K=34)(A<39)-(K=25)(A>15->A to A+6((K=34 and A<39)-(K=25 and A>15->A you will save a few bytes. The speed is very close to the same.

http://omnimaga.pastecode.com/15176
clementop wrote:
how does this look?

(arrow being start menu and power being graph button exit)

not gonna lie, that looks rather stupid as its a simple program, not an OS-replacement and/or shell...
hey man...im working on becoming a better programmer...stop ripping...although that is cool that u were honest
allright....so the idea is kinda stupid..but if it were a shell program, (without the precal, alg2, etc) would the taskbar be allright in style?

ill try not to double post anymore..
honestly, a shell program in BASIC is not the way to go. As a friendly suggestion, do not waste your time with it.

Also, if you have something else to add to a post, please use the edit button. That is, unless you have waited over 24 hours, then it would be ok to double post again.
The bar isn't a bad rendering, but the BASIC shell theme has been beaten around the bush thing to much. Also, as tifreak said, try not to double post.
I agree with tifreak and rivereye. I made a shell program a few years back using a couple of asm libs and progs. It worked great but, afterwards it was like. OK, I made a shell...now what? Just that type of thing where there was nothing to do nor gain from it.

btw...clementop, when comparing your stats to mine...I take it your not a very active member...or you are just becoming an active member.
oh yeah..i created this account last year but i never got on until these last couple of weeks. i'm trying to be as active as possible.

yes, as a edited before, ill try not to double post..

i know how much the basic shell has been changed alot, but i thing it would be good experience. still, no gain, (except maybe some geek popularity at my school that has no idea how to even use a graphing calc)

here is how it would look like:

functions would be:
y= : start menu
window, zoom, trace, : creator
graph : exit
That Start menu looks reeeally close to the Doors CS DCSMenu...concerns me a tad...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours