Well, I missed another 'deadline'. Rolling Eyes

I'm feeling particularly apathetic right now, so I don't want to port zTris, or even bother writing pong. At the moment, I feel like it would be most beneficial to the project to write some RPN stack stuff, so I can make LIFOS the first third-party OS capable of doing math (Scott Dial donated a huge floating-point math library, but I haven't done much to clean up or compatibilize that yet).

Maybe they'll decide this is newsworthy over at ticalc. Evil or Very Mad

I actually did make some good progress, though. Both the large and small fonts can now write directly to the LCD, and the small font has been revamped to something that has every [printable] 7-bit ASCII character, rather than the old failfont, which mostly only had capital letters.
It's been a (er, very long) while since I last updated this thread, so here's the quick version:

I've not worked much, but there's the occasional week or so in which I'll get some work done on the code. Project hosting is now over on Google Code, and the repository migrated to Mercurial from svn.

For more detail on what I've done to the code, look at revision history.
Yay, Progress!
The Tari wrote:
It's been a (er, very long) while since I last updated this thread, so here's the quick version:

I've not worked much, but there's the occasional week or so in which I'll get some work done on the code. Project hosting is now over on Google Code, and the repository migrated to Mercurial from svn.

For more detail on what I've done to the code, look at revision history.
Twenty-seven months later, Tari shows his LiFos face once again! I hope this means the project will be picking up again, especially in the face of other experimental OS competition.
So next month we might get the zombie-rage release?
elfprince13 wrote:
Shock You lost me there. What's that, exactly?
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
Shock You lost me there. What's that, exactly?

A pop-culture reference.
Well Mercurial claims he last committed changes in August, so its more this thread was stale and not him totally ignoring the project.
TheStorm wrote:
Well Mercurial claims he last committed changes in August, so its more this thread was stale and not him totally ignoring the project.
And hopefully finding a way to push himself to make some progress on the subject.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 5 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours