Math
 7%  [ 2 ]
Puzzle
 14%  [ 4 ]
AI
 40%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 27

Yeah, it's Riv's new calc (I think)
no, Robotics (why wouldn't you guys at least google FIRST?).
That's what I did. Very Happy

Edit: Yes! The contest's on.
why don't you make a contest about routines, like for example we say to you make a routine with x bytes in maximum who makes it with the fewer bytes possible and that it can do the same thing will win...
rayden wrote:
why don't you make a contest about routines, like for example we say to you make a routine with x bytes in maximum who makes it with the fewer bytes possible and that it can do the same thing will win...
That's also a good idea - we should use that for some kind of mini-contest, or make the contest like 4 of those challenges.
KermMartian wrote:
rayden wrote:
That's also a good idea - we should use that for some kind of mini-contest, or make the contest like 4 of those challenges.

*cough*http://rancidmoose.unitedti.org/basicadvancedconcepts/*cough*
alrighty then. I guess it is apparent on what we have decided on what we are going to do. How about we start right away, Submit by Feb 20 (so this way, I have something to do after the bot is shipped)?
sounds good to me now to get started. Very Happy
Just for future reference: Are we allowed to use small asm subroutines if we make them ourselves?
So uhm. whats the contest specifically please. and what is the routine were doing...
*cough*there's this poll thing at the top*cough*
calc84maniac wrote:
Just for future reference: Are we allowed to use small asm subroutines if we make them ourselves?

not unless specified in the rules (and I think we should be able to do without it).
rivereye wrote:
calc84maniac wrote:

not unless specified in the rules (and I think we should be able to do without it).

I don't see why everyone is so against it. Who *CARES* how its made? The only thing that should matter is the QUALITY of the program/game, not the language its in
Because this is to test your skills in Basic, not some other language Wink

I think you can allow things like resource to unarchive things, but not create asm routines to display your game or anything.
Harq wrote:
Because this is to test your skills in Basic, not some other language Wink

Then its a misguided contest. The point should be to improve the overall quality of games and programs available, not to see who is best fit to manipulate a restricted language and to force it to do things it was never designed to do Rolling Eyes
Yes, but the majority of people don't know z80 assembly, so they would be at a disadvantage.
Man, I need to pay more attention to these things Rolling Eyes

I voted for AI because AI seems more challenging.

How about you can use ASM subprograms, but only if they start with 18FE Very Happy

I can't really think of any good sidescrolling ideas, and I still need to finish my 3D engine Very Happy

AI would also be really fun, at least I think...
calc84maniac wrote:
Yes, but the majority of people don't know z80 assembly, so they would be at a disadvantage.

Yeah? So? I'm at a disadvantage if I enter a basketball slam dunk contest against Shaq, your point?

Life ain't fair Rolling Eyes
RIVEREYE! Can I program some classic game and watch gallery games on the calculator (maybe just 1 or 2 more ocmplicated ones, I don't know)

And if you don't know what they are, they were little handheld games released by nintendo before the gameboy Wink
hmm, well, you would probably lose points because of originality, but if you make it right, I don't see why not. Check with Kerm for final details though.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours