looks nice
Thanks. I just made a few optimizations and flipped the minimap to correspond to the Java world coordinates:
I dont see the big map when i view this page. I just see a gray square saying "applet loaded" and the minimap to the right, nothing else happens Sad

I know I am not doing anything wrong because i have java installed and it's the lastest version as well (downloaded last week), and I was logged in. I use Opera btw

EDIT: I've tried again, waited one minute, and still nothing appeared. I am on a 7.5 mbps connection btw

EDIT: 2 minutes now, and still nothing
Strange, I can load it in both IE and FF. Perhaps I need to package the J3D libraries with it?
I get a message (in the status bar of FF) saying that the Applet failed to load, or a message saying 'Applet multiplicity notloaded' exactly like that. =X
some18kanal0n3 wrote:
I get a message (in the status bar of FF) saying that the Applet failed to load, or a message saying 'Applet multiplicity notloaded' exactly like that. =X
Go to Tools-->Java Console and paste the contents here.
Sorry to report, but I have no Java Console, just JavaScript Console. I went to help and searched, Preferences. I'll try on another browser. Update when I get results. Confused
some18kanal0n3 wrote:
Sorry to report, but I have no Java Console, just JavaScript Console. I went to help and searched, Preferences. I'll try on another browser. Update when I get results. Confused
If not, go to the bottom-right of your screen, right-click on the Java icon, and choose the console.
oookay: I loaded Multiplicity in Safari, didn't load (yes I logged in), I went to the java console, and this is what I got.

Code:

Nothing. (code thing just for a laugh or two)

As for the bottom right corner... nothing there either.

I'll hop on my sisters windows and give it a try. Maybe its not cut out for a Mac... or maybe I should install FF 2.0, after all, I've downloaded it about 3-4 months ago or something along there... Very Happy
Things as low as FF 0.9 have a Java Console. Razz Anyway, hope this can get resolved somehow.
Kerm, they cant use it unless they have J3d installed, and unless they have a Java version at least as high as what you targeted.

download j3d 1.4, and compile your applet with the -source 1.4 -target 1.4 switches.
elfprince13 wrote:
Kerm, they cant use it unless they have J3d installed, and unless they have a Java version at least as high as what you targeted.

download j3d 1.4, and compile your applet with the -source 1.4 -target 1.4 switches.
That's what I suspect as well, but I need to verify it.
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

its correct, I verified it this morning.
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

its correct, I verified it this morning.
Superb, thank you much.
it will not load for me either and i have the latest java installed. here is what my console says:

Java Plug-in 1.5.0_04
Using JRE version 1.5.0_04 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\Documents and Settings\Justin

----------------------------------------------------
c: clear console window
f: finalize objects on finalization queue
g: garbage collect
h: display this help message
l: dump classloader list
m: print memory usage
o: trigger logging
p: reload proxy configuration
q: hide console
r: reload policy configuration
s: dump system and deployment properties
t: dump thread list
v: dump thread stack
x: clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to <n>
----------------------------------------------------

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/media/j3d/Bounds
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
1.6.0 is actually the latest, and yes, that means j3d doesn't exist on your system. I'll have to do what Elfy suggested.
many (read: most) systems are still on 1.4. That would be my recommendation.
KermMartian wrote:
Things as low as FF 0.9 have a Java Console. Razz Anyway, hope this can get resolved somehow.

And things as high as ff 2.0 have had Java (and JavaScript) consoles REMOVED Razz

That, and the Java Console isn't built into firefox anyway, and the icon is only there if you tell it to be in the Java control panel (in windows, enabled by default. I disable it because its so freaking annoying)

Can't you just right-click the applet and get it that way, though?
You can't rightclick, because that's an actionlistener in the Multiplicity applet.
KermMartian wrote:
You can't rightclick, because that's an actionlistener in the Multiplicity applet.

But can't you still right-click if the applet failed to load, as then there is no action listener?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours