The Ultimate Calculator is a modified Texas Instruments TI-83+ graphing calculator. It is an upgrade of Cemetech's Ultimate Calculator 1; the most significant changes include:

:: An improved paint job, blue with silver stripes, using Krylon spray paint and a Minwax finish.
:: A fully-functional 2.5"-diagonal PS/2 touchpad on the rear of the calculator for easy use with mouse-enabled calculator programs.
:: A higher-power TICI CSA full-spectrum RGB backlight capable of producing any color.
:: An integrated female PS/2 port for connection of a mouse, keyboard, or other PS/2 device. Current drivers support mice (and touchpads) as well as keyboards.
:: Slightly modified case construction that combines a sleeker, look with keypad and touchpad water resistance.

Read More: Ultimate Calculator 2 Project Page

Click any image for a larger view
That seems awesome. Cool The blue paint looks nice, and the RGB backlight and touch pad are pretty cool.
yeah but I want vids of them in action.
TheStorm wrote:
yeah but I want vids of them in action.
Then vids you shall get, at least of the PS/2 port and touchpad. The backlight doesn't photograph too well.
hey! nice work Smile
elfprince13 wrote:
hey! nice work Smile
Thanks. I still want to make that vid before I declare this completely done and publicize it.
Well, at least your paint job doesn't look like crap this time...

The back looks sloppy to me, though - someone needs to buy you some masking tape Razz (specifically the area around the buttons). The PS/2 port also looks a tad bit horrendous - perhaps you could paint it black? Its spotted blue/white/black(/silver???) look has got to go. Also, use something to fill up the gaping hole around it (perhaps something like bondo?)
It's only about 2mm of space, but I wouldn't mind filling it. Perhaps I'll use my favorite panacea, hot glue. Cool
KermMartian wrote:
It's only about 2mm of space, but I wouldn't mind filling it. Perhaps I'll use my favorite panacea, hot glue. Cool

Which will look even worse - why not something that you can then sand down and paint and get good results?
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Which will look even worse - why not something that you can then sand down and paint and get good results?
Fine, fine, I'll have to find a place that carries this Bondo of yours. Where do you think I'm likely to find it?
KermMartian wrote:
Fine, fine, I'll have to find a place that carries this Bondo of yours. Where do you think I'm likely to find it?

Auto parts store Very Happy

It is commonly used to repair holes in a cars paneling (its really really strong...). However, I've seen lots of people use it in computer case mods to fill in holes and the like - hence my recommendation. I'm surprised you haven't heard of it...
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Auto parts store Very Happy

It is commonly used to repair holes in a cars paneling (its really really strong...). However, I've seen lots of people use it in computer case mods to fill in holes and the like - hence my recommendation. I'm surprised you haven't heard of it...
I've heard of it, I just never knew where to get it since I've had no occasion to use it.
Bump*
vids pl0x Smile
TheStorm wrote:
Bump*
vids pl0x Smile
O right, I've gotten a bit busy with school stuff and project X. Soon, soon.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours