The calc is the last picture on the calc gaming tribute on Youtube (go to ticalc for a link, its the new news article)
Harq wrote:
The calc is the last picture on the calc gaming tribute on Youtube (go to ticalc for a link, its the new news article)
I did indeed. Smile Thanks.
I am working on building/modding my TI83+SE to have the appearance of brushed steel (the case), with a blue(maybe) backlight. I have already added a 1/8 inch headphone port w/ resistors and modeled the case around it so it looks like it is a part of the calc. I will post pics when the painting is finished ( a few days at most...) Kerm Martian's Ultimate Calculator inspired me to create my own, similar, but different "TI TITANIUM" calc.

I built the TICI hub from your plans but cannot seem to get it to work with any drivers on my 83+. With the emerson demo program all I can get is ?? in console mode when I try to send data to the keyboard. The mouse will not initialize with this prog either. I tried to reverse the two data lines, and tried various 5v. supplies, neither of which worked. Help???
Can you post pictures of the TICI hub as you built it? Also, what happens when you try the Initialize section of Emerson with the data lines normal and flipped?
I will take pictures as soon as I fix my camera. I dropped it in a lake while camping, and there seems to be dirt all over the inside of the lenses, which makes for a very poor picture. I will work on it tonight, and get pics to you tomorrow. When I try to initialize the mouse with the data lines normal or flipped, nothing happens. The screen says that it is initializing and will not actually initialize (nothing will happen for 5+ minutes). Can you put a higher res photo of the ps/2 port on the ultimate calc up? The small photo does not really show how it is wired (if I want to build an internal port).
Basically I soldered ground to ground, the port's +5v through a 5.1v zener diode to the calc's +6v, and data and clock to tip and ring of the calc's serial port. I redid the UltCalc since I made it, so current pix would be useless to you, but let me see what I can find.
I threw together a website with a blog discussing the progress on my TICI hub and calc mods. You can visit it at http://lumberjack-ti.webs.com/
And it has photos of the TICI hub and the 1/8 inch headphone port I added. I plan to update this site as I work on my calc.

[Edit] This link no longer works. I was getting too much trafic for the monthly bandwidth allotment from freewebs.com. Mad . I am working on a new page in the below url. It does not work yet, but you can visit it anyway Very Happy !!!

www.lumberjack-ti.freetzi.com
Looks quite nice! How confident are you about your PS/2 pinout - did you use an ohmmeter to check the ps/2 through to the link port?
I did use an ohmmeter to determine which leads were which pins. I am sure the pins are correct because I took the hub apart after it did not want to work at first, and checked all the wiring.
elite.lumberjack wrote:
I did use an ohmmeter to determine which leads were which pins. I am sure the pins are correct because I took the hub apart after it did not want to work at first, and checked all the wiring.
No, I'm saying, are you sure you have +/- in the proper PS/2 pins (2 and 5), the clock and data pins (1 and 3), and around 5v between your + and - pins.
When I plug in an optical mouse, the led/laser lights up, and with a keyboard the lights flash as it is plugged in.
elite.lumberjack wrote:
When I plug in an optical mouse, the led/laser lights up, and with a keyboard the lights flash as it is plugged in.
OK, that eans yor power is fine, therefore you're connecting the data / clock lines incorrectly. You're grounding the 'base' of the stereo jack to the Ps/2's groung/VSS, correct?
The unshielded wire from the ps/2 port is connected to the base and the negative of the power supply. I will try to switch the clock and data lines again. Mad
What do you mean by VSS?
elite.lumberjack wrote:
The unshielded wire from the ps/2 port is connected to the base and the negative of the power supply. I will try to switch the clock and data lines again. Mad
What do you mean by VSS?
You need to connect the gnd/vss wire (negative source voltage, ie pin 3) to both the negative battery terminal and the common ('base') of the jack from the calculator.
*bump* Any progress on this?
Actually my TI83+ is currently getting modded a bit...I am adding a port for an atari joystick... So in like 2 weeks at the latest I will continue troubleshooting the hub...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours