http://xkcd.com/233/ ?
Feh, I already got it, now back to what tifreak is saying Razz

Lol, the spambot can edit his posts?
qazz42 wrote:
Feh, I already got it, now back to what tifreak is saying Razz

0x5, the spambot can edit his posts?
Hmm? What are/were you talking about?
I would very much like to help with this (so long as it doesn't involve anything over BASIC, 'cause I'm too busy right now to learn Assembly Razz), however, I am still fairly new to programming in BASIC (only a week or so, though I do have a little programming experience).

In your opinion:

1) What is the best online guide to learn how to program in BASIC?
2) Are you currently accepting help from outside people (I don't even care if I get credit - I just want to get to work on something big and awesome Razz)?
3) To what level of programming ability/experience do I need to get to in order to be of use to you (assuming #2 is yes Razz)?

Thanks for your time!
Welcome to Cemetech Beta7! 1) I learned Basic through using random tutorials found on www.ticalc.org. 2) I don't think TI Freak (the programmer) is currently letting people help except for sprites and such. 3) #2

May I point you to the Introduce Yourself topic? Maybe you could go and post some info about yourself Smile Or even post about some projects you may have in the Your Projects sub-forum.
Beta7 wrote:
I would very much like to help with this (so long as it doesn't involve anything over BASIC, 'cause I'm too busy right now to learn Assembly Razz), however, I am still fairly new to programming in BASIC (only a week or so, though I do have a little programming experience).

In your opinion:

1) What is the best online guide to learn how to program in BASIC?
2) Are you currently accepting help from outside people (I don't even care if I get credit - I just want to get to work on something big and awesome Razz)?
3) To what level of programming ability/experience do I need to get to in order to be of use to you (assuming #2 is yes Razz)?

Thanks for your time!

I have been waiting for the next thing tifreak needs, though if you really want to help, I can point you to something that is being a pain to me.

Also welcome, and as _player1537 said, post in the introduce yourself topic. Very Happy
Thanks for your interest in pokemon, as of right now, I am working on trying to get the battle system going, as I have time. Work/real life is hectic, so that has been slowed up a bit. If I need help with something, I will generally post up in the pokemon progress thread.

As to tutorials, check out the list of tutorials I have at my site, http://tifreakware.net/tutorials/

And of course, feel free to pop into the BASIC help section from the index of the forums and ask questions. Please do everyone a favor and at least try to find the answers before asking, you can find a lot of information already available if you happen to look.
_player1537 wrote:
Welcome to Cemetech Beta7! 1) I learned Basic through using random tutorials found on www.ticalc.org. 2) I don't think TI Freak (the programmer) is currently letting people help except for sprites and such. 3) #2

May I point you to the Introduce Yourself topic? Maybe you could go and post some info about yourself Smile Or even post about some projects you may have in the Your Projects sub-forum.

Posted in "Introduce Yourself", and I don't think my programs are good enough to mention (they're very "basic" Razz).

Any more suggestions for a really good BASIC tutorial?

*EDIT* tifreak responded while I was typing. Razz Thanks for the help!
Welcome to Cemetech, Beta7! I'll welcome you more comprehensively in the Introduce Yourself topic (and _player, way to step up on the GMod duties, nice one Smile ). TIFreak8x's set of BASIC tutorials are definitely your best first step. I have my own tutorials on BASIC that TIFreak8x has in his collection; you can also find my "Complete BASIC Tutorials" here on Cemetech. When you gain a certain level of proficiency, I recommend the 1337 Guide to TI-BASIC, written by JPez and myself, that I feel represents a great introduction to BASIC optimizations. Finally, biased as I am since it's my project, I strongly recommend taking a look at Doors CS 7 for your shell needs, both in terms of what it offers to users, and in terms of features for programmers. When you get to that point, there's a list of tons of extra libraries that DCS offers to BASIC coders in the DCS SDK.
So, back in the game I think. Been digging around in my notes, trying to refresh myself on where I left off. Decided to:

-Draw the 16x16 npc sprites as I come to them.
-Dropping the 32x32 sprites for NPCs, that's extra work over something that has already been started.
-Get this blasted battle system underway.

That is all, for the moment.
Awesome, tifreak8x! I could have sworn that Sonlen pulled a sheet of 16x16 trainer sprites out of somewhere or another, but I could certainly be wrong.
KermMartian wrote:
Awesome, tifreak8x! I could have sworn that Sonlen pulled a sheet of 16x16 trainer sprites out of somewhere or another, but I could certainly be wrong.

Blarg, I meant this to be in the progress thread, not the introductory thread >< Cross posting over to it. >.>

And yes, he did. But sadly it would be too confusing to try to figure out what each of them are and try to list them properly, so doing them one at a time as I come to them in the actual game.

Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours