Does anyone know of any other programs for the ti-83 related to the following:

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/237/23717.html
Try looking through this page for inspiration:
http://www.ticalc.org/pub/83/asm/programs/
i found a really good one it is called zapi 83. and can be found here:

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/178/17818.html
Yup, Zapi's fairly decent; it's one of the oldest set of libs in the ticalc.org archive.
there is lot of good libs out there, but there is more and more of them so it's hard to find which one is the ebst. I would say choose between Zapi, Codex, Flash Gordon, Resource, Omnicalc and xLIB. They have various functions ranging from unarchiving programs directly from a program, which is impossible with Archive/Unarchive.

Of course you can always try the challenge of making the entire game without using any libs, but then you are stuck with either 24 KB of RAM, or split the game into chapter if you plan to make a quite huge game
i have created games without libs but i want to try one using a lib. right now i think i am going to stick with zapi but i am having trouble getting the sprite to work and i am following the documentation except for the part where it says use chaos assembler. but when it displays it is messed up. but when i create a map with the same sprite it works fine and large sprites don't work either. Has anyone tried zapi's regular sprite function and actually gotten it to work. if so then how?
hmm well for me i couldnt get anything else than large sprites to work Sad so i cant help much Sad I've read the doc carefully as well, I got some DOS errors and missing files errors, and with small sprites it looked like garbage on calc. This is why i switched to codex (altough its limited to 8x8), then Omnicalc and xlib (any size) because they were easier to use and more stable
i would use xlib or something better but i do not have the money to upgrade to a better calc.
oh sry i thought you used TI-83+, not TI-83, I didnt knew people still used the old TI-83, as it's not sold anymore in stores
pretty soon i wont have it. i am going to try and get a job at foodlion or replay games and than i am going to get an 84+ than i can use all of these better programs coming out.
Dude, the TI-83 is where it's at. I still use my TI-83 when I can; I think the case design is quite superior to that of the TI-83+ (angled screen? LCD protector? word.)
Quote:
LCD Protector

We all know Kerm needs that, as he keeps having issue with dropping calcs.
rivereye wrote:
Quote:
LCD Protector

We all know Kerm needs that, as he keeps having issue with dropping calcs.
Psh, everyone drops calcs. The one time I dropped one very lightly, the LCD broke. I blame TI's shoddy design team. Razz
sure, and my 84+SE has been dropped many times, so what do you have to say to that.
lol, I have thrown mine and they have not broken. Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours