When I am running a TI-basic program from DCS 6 for longer time, the calc will turn itself off somehow (the screene will empty), but it appears just as it was if I turn the calc back on. this is annoying sometimes!
olav_nordmann wrote:
When I am running a TI-basic program from DCS 6 for longer time, the calc will turn itself off somehow (the screene will empty), but it appears just as it was if I turn the calc back on. this is annoying sometimes!

Which program? Is it every basic program? And how long is a "long time"? Does the screen go blank while you are actively playing (like, actually pressing buttons)? And does it always happen after a certain amount of time, or is it random?
foamy3 wrote:
olav_nordmann wrote:

Which program? Is it every basic program? And how long is a "long time"? Does the screen go blank while you are actively playing (like, actually pressing buttons)? And does it always happen after a certain amount of time, or is it random?

The program I was running are the newest icongenerator who I haven't uploaded yet, and with a long time, I mean 15 minutes. I am going to test it with other basic programs when I get the time. I was using the arrow keys and the 2nd and Alpha buttons. it actually blanced out while I pressed buttons.
That sounds like its just TI-OS's automatic power down and it should happen with all Basic programs.
TheStorm wrote:
That sounds like its just TI-OS's automatic power down and it should happen with all Basic programs.
Yes, but not while you're pressing keys. Keypresses are supposed to reset the APD timer.
The rename option doesn't work. I have tried it on both folders and programs. I am using the latest version of DCS6 and have a 84+SE.
unarchive the pograms/folders. (And eather lock or unlock them I can't remember which) Its a safegard Kerm put in to prevent garbage collecting.
I don't think it matters if they're locked or unlocked. Folders cannot be renamed because of the way they work (I plan to change this in the future). Archived programs cannot be renamed because I wanted to prevent Garbage Collecting.
KermMartian wrote:
Archived programs cannot be renamed because I wanted to prevent Garbage Collecting.

Which is stupid because as others have pointed out, the user is just going to unarchive, rename, and then archive it - doing the exact thing you are trying to eliminate with the added annoyance of it being the user that has to do it all manually and without an error/warning to tell them why they can't rename.
I agree, forcing the user to unarc, rename, arc is kinda like the stupidity of windows. Make it like a mac and do it all in one move.
And it gets annoying when renaming glitches and archives or locks the prog after renaming it.
I found a problem with basic program handling.

Try running this...

Code:
:ClrHome
:Input "Split 1",A
:Input "Split 2",B
:Input "Split 3",C
: rest of prog doesn't matter

You have to run it twice while inside DCS and the second time it doesn't register the ClrHome command. Why is this? It doesn't matter if you have a DCS header or not.[/code]
DCS has some issues with Input and Prompt commands and guess Kerm never had time to fix this.
I might decide to take out the rename command entirely, since it seems to cause nothing but problems. What do you guys think?
Hey, could you post/pm me the rename code? It's better to get it fixed than take it out.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours