2^14 != 16KB.....
2^14KB == 16KB
15407 to be exact. The point is that it's greater than 12kb and less than 16kb.
elfprince13 wrote:
2^14 != 16KB.....

o.0 are you sure about that? 2^14 = 16384, which would be 16KB... unless by != you meant ==? Razz

@Kerm: 2^14KB == 16384KB == 16MB Wink
Whoops, I meant 2^14th in that second post, not 2^14KB. Razz
Hmm... dont know if it was reported, and am too lazy to check right now Razz

But, playing around with 5.8 b3 I think it was, you could click on the slider bar on the bottom, and the bar would drop down, but would not go back up... Dunno if this was fixed or not, but thought I would let you know.
This has been mentioned before - it's a feature, not a bug. Smile
/me hints notsosubtly that you need a disable writeback option
elfprince13 wrote:
/me does not agree with you on that; I was just playing your Phoenix and it didn't do writeback once.
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
/me does not agree with you on that; I was just playing your Phoenix and it didn't do writeback once.

how many times did you play it? I got a Garbage Collect after a few days. Its not so much preserving my Flash that Im worried about, as having to stop and wait 5 minutes while a meg and a half of phoenix gets garbage collected....
It actually just seems to be a Phoenix quirk - slightly subpar programming, or insufficient SafeRAM would be my guess. I'm not going to add an option based on a problem with a single game.
KermMartian wrote:
It actually just seems to be a Phoenix quirk - slightly subpar programming, or insufficient SafeRAM would be my guess. I'm not going to add an option based on a problem with a single game.

any program that uses writeback will pop up with this after a few days of playing....
No! Only if it's actually writing something back, like a new highscore. All modern well-programmed ASM games don't use their own dataspace for temporary data. Instead, they use safeRAM.
i do not know if you are already aware of this but whenever i try to use the menu on my friends 83 it does not work here is what happens:

also when his batteries are low there is an archive error and it causes his calculator to crash.
What version does he have? In some of the older versions the menu wasn't complete and therefore doesn't stay open.
Try going with the most updated version on DCS. And Archive everything on that calculator. And replace the batteries. Wink
i did change the batteries and that fixed that problem and this is the version that i am using i do not know if it is the latest one or not http://www.cemetech.net/programs/archives.php?mode=file&path=/83/asm/shells/doorscs.zip
Go to http://dcs.cemetech.net and download from there. Wink
That's like 5.6 Beta 2 or something. Do what Dan said and get the latest one from http://dcs.cemetech.net Smile
Yeah. switching to the newer version fixed that for me.

Anyways, can you edit what I believe is the "hidden" algorithm to match that of MOS? It's annoying seeing "vBNCE" or "[superscript t]ELOX2"

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours