Quote:
[09:32:32] * Now talking in #sfgp
[09:32:32] * Topic is 'Welcome To StickFigure Graphic Productions | *burp* yumm...cranberry juice | we now have SAX'
[09:32:32] * Set by elfprince13 on Sun Nov 19 00:00:55
[09:32:33] -DragonBot- [#sfgp] Welcome to StickFigure Graphic Productions
[09:32:33] <&saxjax> ERROR!!!! SFGP: invalid session
[09:32:33] * &saxjax (~saxjax@dragon-96EE78E3.gmavt.net) Quit (Quit: goodbye)

Quote:
[09:33:25] * Now talking in #cemetech
[09:33:25] * Topic is 'Cemetech.net | DCS 5.8 Beta 3 Out Now! | DCS6 Is In the Works, we swear!'
[09:33:25] * Set by CalcBot!calcbot@cable-11-192.sssnet.com on Mon Nov 06 21:23:16
[09:33:25] <+saxjax> ERROR!!!! Cemetech: invalid session
[09:33:26] * +saxjax (~saxjax@pppoe-68-142-36-117.gmavt.net) Quit (Quit: goodbye)
yeah, that happens when somebody joins or talks after long periods of channel activity, it immediately rejoins after refreshing its session.
wouldn't there be a way just to refresh the site session without disconnecting and reconnecting to IRC, then forward any new messages.
There would, but that's up to elfprince to implement.
Im feeling rather lazy at the moment, and haven't separated cookie code from the main error catching loop
elfprince13 wrote:
Im feeling rather lazy at the moment, and haven't separated cookie code from the main error catching loop
Take your time; I honestly don't care if you bother fixing it at all. Smile
i wonder if this could be made for invisionfree or any other kind of site, so i could put it on a empty page and iFrame it on my board

Like i said on Elf forums, invisionfree doesnt allow integrating mods with the login system, so the way we would have to set it would be that sax detect your nickname from the sub menu where it says "Logged in as : xlibman (Logout)" and copy it in the sax box as prefix to your message when you post. If it says "welcome guest" you would have to make the post not send to the sax box when someone try to post without logging in. For banned users then it doesnt matter because usually they cant even view the board at all when banned. It would be cool though so the SAX chatroom would share its lines with #omnimaga or vice versa.

Of course the sax box would need to be a remote page i would host on omnimaga.unitedti.org and include it in a iframe on the forums somewhere

is there a way to make sax horizontal instead of vertical though? because i wouldnt like to have an high vertical box besides my forum, it would look a bit weird
the real risk here is that Javascript savvy ppl will quickly figure out that you can tell SAX any old name and it would post with that name whether they were logged in or not. Here's the best solution I see, and it aint perfect by a long shot, send only the message, then have your PHP sax script login to the Omnimaga ACP, parse the users list, and determine whether the IP that sent message is logged in, and what the username is from that.
Actually, I wouldn't mind making SAX an IB mod as well... I'd just need a board to build and test it on.
KermMartian wrote:
Actually, I wouldn't mind making SAX an IB mod as well... I'd just need a board to build and test it on.

the real issue is an IF mod which is what kevin needs....
Ideally I'd make an IB port of SAX, give to IF, and have them pay me a flat $0.01 royalty for every board that used it. Very Happy
oh yeah, they would really go for that one.
KermMartian wrote:
I'd love to see how it looks on other peoples' sites.

Kinda.. having problems (a) No readme =X, (b) Where do I put the files?

---11/22/06 22:13:10 (PDT)---
Ditch (b). Only problem now, is that my Mac won't let me edit the TPL's. It tries to display the page, reading the code and outputing the stuff you see in the browser. And my FTP can't modify TPL's >.< And no set date when my windows will be fixed. Rolling Eyes Any application for a mac I can use, or are there takers to help me edit the TPL's?

I'll accept offers if I can't get on my sisters computer or dads laptop sometime soooon. =D
Do you have EasyMOD? thats how you install it Wink

Put it in the correct folder then let EasyMod install it xD
You have to edit the .tpls with a plaintext editor, whatever the Mac equivalent of Notepad is.
I thought the equivalent of Notepad was TextEdit. But thats not opening it correctly. Idea Idea Just realized, I have Dreamwaver MX 2004 for the Mac >.< I'll try that...

100th POST! =D
Happy 100th post... and yeah, you need to open it in something like TextEdit. It should just appear as plaintext.
This is the first mod I've added to anything on my site, so I had no idea the steps were in .mod. Looked on phpBB.com to find that out. Text edit had no problem opening and siplaying the .mod file. It just has problems with .html, .tpl, .php, etc. It want's to display the content, not the source.

Dunno why by Dreamweaver never worked well on my file, same with many other things...

EDIT: Dreamweaver opens it fine. I'll post again if I encounter a problem.
Get Notepad++ - I think there's a Mac build of it.
Nope, I'm wrong. You should try installing EasyMOD instead and using that.
I edited my post above. Dreamweaver MX 2004 opens it and displays it properly.

EasyMOD, yeah? Hm, I'm guessing thats for the Mac? I'll give it a google.

In the list of apps that the Mac OSX thinks can open the file, PhotoShop Elements 2.0 is an applicable app. XD. I'd love to see what image I get XD.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours