I don't know if this is intended, a bug, or something else, but when I run Doors CS, it shows up with an item called TI-OS. It also clasifies it as a basic program (I do not have a basic program called TI-OS on my calculator). Can I delete it? Or is their some other way to hide it?
Calc Buffoon wrote:
I don't know if this is intended, a bug, or something else, but when I run Doors CS, it shows up with an item called TI-OS. It also clasifies it as a basic program (I do not have a basic program called TI-OS on my calculator). Can I delete it? Or is their some other way to hide it?

are you only looking at the icon? because all that means is that it is a "TI-OS Basic program" or one that can be run from the homescreen and uses no DCS features, look under the icon for the filename...
Yes, TI-OS means Texas Instruments Operating System. A TI-OS BASIC program is just a normal BASIC program. Assembly programs have different icons.

Also, if making a game for DoorsCS in BASIC, you can make your own icon to display instead of the TI-OS one.

And, like elfprince said, the file name is under the icon.
Yup, the icon you're talking about is like the three on the bottom row in this screenshot:

As you can see, these are three TI-OS (normal) BASIC programs named, from left to right, BLOCK, ZDXP, and LONGNAME. Does this solve your confusion?

Oh, and welcome to Cemetech.
The problem is that that problem doesn't exist on my calc. I believe it is called (below the Basic TI-OS part Neutral ) calobd2. When run, it gives this error:
Graphing Calculator wrote:

Error # 512. BASIC Exec Error.

Why does it do this, and what exactly is wrong?
Also, for some reason DS6 'renames' all the programs to wierd names. For example,
'CAVE' goes to 'vAVE' and 'AVA' goes to 'nVA'
calcdb2 is the krolypto password file Rolling Eyes
About this renaming thing: if you go back to the program menu, are they still named normally? I have _never_ seen this problem you're describing - isn't that a Krolypto security thing?
Quote:
Also, for some reason DS6 'renames' all the programs to wierd names. For example,

Thats not DCS6, I had MirageOS and that happend, so I deleted MOS. Its something in the TI-OS itself. Just Archive it and unarchive it until the name is back, thats what I did in MOS...

Mad Its rather annoying....

EDIT: I don't have Krylotpo or w/e... so its not with that program/app.
some18kanal0n3 wrote:
Quote:

Thats not DCS6, I had MirageOS and that happend, so I deleted MOS. Its something in the TI-OS itself. Just Archive it and unarchive it until the name is back, thats what I did in MOS...

Mad Its rather annoying....

EDIT: I don't have Krylotpo or w/e... so its not with that program/app.

calcdb2 is, random renaming is MOS....
Well, I see the solution here then: delete MOS and strictly use DCS6. Wink
But but... I like it when my calc does random things because MOS is installed...

Oh wait, I don't have ANY applications on ANY of my 16 calculators... Razz
Shock Except for Doors CS 5.8.x beta, right?? Or do you still use PTI for it, afraid that I haven't made it stable enough? Very Happy
I have learned to have nothing else on the calc when working on projects, and all my 83+ series calcs has at least one project on them... :S

Maybe once I get some of them done... Wink
The wierd names have to do with MOS hidden programs.
calc84maniac wrote:
Yeah, those are the low values to force the TI-OS programs menu to ignore them. I suppose I could have DCS hide programs starting in 0 through 25... currently it only ignores $21 and $23.
so, can I delete calcdb2 (and how)?
*note: I don't have Krolypto on my calc anymore
yeah you can. You can probably use DCS to do it, or you could use Calcsys to rename it, and then delete it the normal way (way I did it when I had to reinstall Krolypto on my calc).
KermMartian wrote:
calc84maniac wrote:
Yeah, those are the low values to force the TI-OS programs menu to ignore them. I suppose I could have DCS hide programs starting in 0 through 25... currently it only ignores $21 and $23.

Or you could have an option to either hide them or display the correct name. Wink
Perfect! I'll add that under the Display options
Err, How do I change it with CalcSys so I can delete it with the 'MEM' menu?

Also, how do I delete it with DoorsCS?
(I like to keep my options open Very Happy )

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours