I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to send a file over a network with a batch file. I doubt it, but it would be nice to have one Wink
.....ftp and a parameter file...
copy "insert name of file you want to copy" \\servername\directory\
that only works on Windows or Linux w/ Samba computers
...and since he's asking for a batch file, I'm going to assume he means a DOS batch file (what school has non-Windows computers other than the few token Mac schools?).
1) not necessarily for school
2) more importantly you can't put anything onto a linux server that doesn't have samba via that method.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
copy "insert name of file you want to copy" \\servername\directory\

elfprince13 wrote:
that only works on Windows or Linux w/ Samba computers

LOLOLOLOLOL
I mean send it over a local network to other computers *cough*school*cough*
Harq wrote:
I mean send it over a local network to other computers *cough*school*cough*

the only way to do that would be to run some sort of server program on one of them (and thats at all - not just for use w/ a bat file) - although a simple VB (or C/C++) program could do that relatively easy
Ok, I will need to see if I can find anything in c or c++ because the computers (at school) don't have .net 2.0
Quote:
I mean send it over a local network to other computers

I know what you meant, but elf didn't get it...

...Unless you don't want to use .bat files anymore...
Harq wrote:
Ok, I will need to see if I can find anything in c or c++ because the computers (at school) don't have .net 2.0

Who said anything about .net 2.0? VB has existed since Windows 95 Rolling Eyes (and you don't need a compiler for it to work, unlike C/C++)
oh... I thought visual basic required .net 2.0... ok, thats good Wink

P.S. is visual c++ just c++ with a nice IDE or does it require .net 2.0/slightly different language
<nevermind>
no, Visual BASIC does not necessarily. VB5 & 6 were out before .NET was thought of.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Yes, in general all "Visual" M$ languages require .NET Framework...

No, in general the "Visual" part just refers to MS's IDE and GUI RAD Razz All of the newer versions require .NET for GUI design, but none of the older ones did. Do not confuse .NET, a library, with Visual Studio, an IDE/RAD and compiler. I used to code my wxWidgets proggies on Visual Studio Express Edition (C++) when I was in windows, and I used it as my compiler, so .NET isn't a requirement even with the brand new 2005 free versions
Quote:
Do not confuse .NET, a library, with Visual Studio, an IDE/RAD and compiler.

I read somewhere that they were the same...XD
(Looks like the programming books at my school need to be changed Laughing I still can't believe my friends are actually taking the course though... :sigh:)
Microsoft is heavily marketing the two in 'combined' form (as in just program for .NET in Visual Studio), hence the confusion Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours