We need another college topic, and here it is!

What colleges are you applying to?
Scholarships?
Majors?
Etc...
I was going to post something like this!

Oh well, since you started it, I don't really have any plans for college except a major in computer science and a minor in AI topics. I have yet to decide on that, but I am extremely interested in the realm of Artificial Intelligence programming.
I am thinking 2 years at GRCC and then transfer to Ferris State for a major in Computer Networking.

What ticks me off now is that I was talking to a Ferris Grad, and found out that if I had gotten my MCSE, I would be more prestigious then him with his Ferris degree. a my school for dropping the training course.
I plan on applying to:

MIT
Georgia Tech
Worcestor Polytech
CalTech
Stanford
NC State

And in that order Razz I plan on majoring in Computer Engineering (or for the colleges that don't have that specific degree, Electrical Engineering with a focus on computer engineering.) As far as scholarships...I should probably start applying for some...

@rivereye: Get a book and teach yourself Razz
yeah, I should get some scholarships (but then again, like half of my first two years is going to be paid by the state because of my MEAP scores).
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
I plan on applying to:

MIT
Georgia Tech
Worcestor Polytech
CalTech
Stanford
NC State

And in that order Razz As far as scholarships...I should probably start applying for some...

@rivereye: Get a book and teach yourself Razz

not sure where I'm applying, but probably to some of those.
If you're looking into computer science programs, have you considered the University of Washington? Their CS program is ranked 7th nationally.
Hmm...just realized that 2/3 of the colleges I'm applying to have the word "Tech" in them Laughing I wonder why...
I'm probably applying to Millersville University and Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Secondary math education with a minor in computer science (Maybe dual-major, we'll see how it goes). As for scholarships, I haven't tried applying yet... Gah, I procrastinate too much.
hey Ult Dev, about the book comment, the book is not the problem, I need some hardware for this also, like a Windows Server and Pro machine designed just for this reason, that, and have you ever tried for certifications, it is not a walk in the park.
I'm a sophomore in Electrical Engineering, concentrating in Signal Processing and Communications (SPROCOM) at Cooper Union. word.
Let's face it... college is overrated--that's why I'm applying to janitorial school instead of a stereotypical educational institution.
allynfolksjr wrote:
Let's face it... college is overrated--that's why I'm applying to janitorial school instead of a stereotypical educational institution.
Idea I know! You should apply to auto mechanic's school instead, get a degree in Car Pimping with a minor in Paint Jobs, then make yourself a TV show...
KermMartian wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
Idea I know! You should apply to auto mechanic's school instead, get a degree in Car Pimping with a minor in Paint Jobs, then make yourself a TV show...

Excellent point, especially since I'm not sure if my grades are high enough to get into janitorial school (1.94GPA, 950 on the new SAT).
MIT
Neumon University (<- looks interesting, but haven't heard much about them)
University of Illinois
???

Smile
What be this Neumon University? /me jfgis. Ah, I think you mean Neumont University. Looks ...eh... kinda shady to me.
http://www.neumont.edu/
I have applied to RPI (I find out in mid-November) and I plan to apply to Carnegie Mellon, Cornell, WPI, as well as some other schools. I already have a $15,000/yr scholarship to RPI, and it's my first choice, so it's where I'll probably end up going.
lol /me is so close to WPI
/me drove by WPI once...and visited MIT this past summer (the campus is HUGE!!! Shock)
I am probably going to apply at Virginia Tech with major in computer science and a minor in computer repair

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours