Which version of Ms. Pac-Man should be added to the collection?
Master System
 60%  [ 3 ]
Game Gear
 40%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

Ever since I released Version 1.0 of Sonic 2 CE, I wanted to make a compilation of Sega ports for the TI-84+ CE. However, since I'm an uneducated fool who's rarely played any Sega games outside of Sonic, I instead decided to settle with porting games from a series that I'm an actual fan of, like Pac-Man.

I would've tried to just port one game, but since there's already a Pac-Man CE, (not to be confused with Championship Edition) making a compilation akin to Pac-Man Museum+ helps make it stand out. Unlike with Sonic 2 CE, I'm not starting this thread with nothing to show for it. Here's footage from the first game to be added to the collection, Pac-Man for the Game Gear!

Thanks to the Game Gear being near identical to the Master System, palettes and resolution aside, I was able to reuse Sonic 2 CE's renderer wholesale, allowing me to complete the entire port in just four days!

Since there's only one game included as of today, calling it a museum is a stretch. I'll release a beta when I add you-know-who. Until then, see you guys later!
This renderer seems powerful. Now I wonder what games could be ported...
I changed my mind about holding out a release until I port Ms. Pac-Man. Here's Beta 0.1 of Pac-Man Museum CE!

The biggest additions since the first post are a real menu you can choose a game from and 1/2 size mode for Pac-Man GG, which lets you play Pac-Man at a whopping 160x144 resolution.

The next game I'm going to add is obviously Ms. Pac-Man, but the SMS and Game Gear versions of it are two completely different ports. Because of that, I'll put which version I should port first to a vote. The game's resolution won't be a concern for the Game Gear version, so keep that in mind.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours