DaemonR wrote:
I would like it if DCS had the ability to use layouts and re-added support for ALE's.
Are you talking about Doors CS or Doors CSE? Doors CS 7.x retains ALE support, but because it's such a little-used feature, I did not include it in Doors CSE. What do you mean by layouts?
I would like it if Doors CS had a clock and the ability to take scheduled alarms so that a pop-up will interrupt you to tell you that the time has come. It might be better to do as a program that works with doors. Also, is it possible for doors to run things such as an interrupt during another ASM program?
Stardust49 wrote:
I would like it if Doors CS had a clock and the ability to take scheduled alarms so that a pop-up will interrupt you to tell you that the time has come. It might be better to do as a program that works with doors.
Yes, that would be better as a program that works with Doors CS, rather than a core feature of Doors CS.
Quote:
Also, is it possible for doors to run things such as an interrupt during another ASM program?
It would be up to the ASM program in question to set up an interrupt to be run.
Do you think you could make a program to do that anytime?
After my latest project and learning that there is no current way to have a program that is completely capable of running on its own be able to use DCS features, like the icon/description, if DCS is present, but to allow normal execution if it is not. At the same time, it's not good to force someone to install a 3-page app in order to use a program that CAN run alone, just because the developer wants to support some DCS features, or force the developer to make 2 version of the game. I spoke with Zeda who suggested I suggest to you to switch the header from:

Code:
xor d
ret
jr Start

to

Code:

jr Start
xor d
ret

The header stays perfectly the same, just changes its order a bit. Without DCS, everything DCS is simply skipped. With DCS, the xor d / ret bit is there, so DCS is capable of using its features on the program. All you'd have to do is change where DCS looks for the bytes to identify a DCS program.
To clarify, I think it might be useful as an alternative header, not necessarily a replacement.

I understand that there is a possibility of that sequence appearing in a program that doesn't intend to use DCS, but I think a method should be sought to allow "nostub" programs to include icon data and whatnot for DCS (yet can run on its own). The best part is, you don't have to change the HomeRun feature at all since it should be able to run on its own. All that would change is icon and description fetching.
I believe that Doors CS supports the version of the MirageOS header that includes a 15x15 icon and a description but allows the program to be executed by the TI-OS. Unfortunately the Detached Solutions page doesn't offer any help, but I'm almost positive such a header exists.
Does that require MOS or only DCS? And I still do believe that a purely DCS solution should be pursued, not right away, but in the future if you get time to think about/implement it.
DCS supports all the major formats to my knowledge (including MOS). So if you go with the MOS format, it would work for MOS or DCS Smile
Can I use the header as is, or does mirage.inc need to be included? What will make DCS recognize it?
ACagliano wrote:
Can I use the header as is, or does mirage.inc need to be included? What will make DCS recognize it?

You can just use the header as-is, I believe. DCS recognizes the MiragOS indicator bytes, if I'm not mistaken.
Since the model of calculator is able to be determined, add a clock to the bottom right for the 84+ and so on. Also, maybe a way to customize offscrpt? Like maybe making it user customizable!
Doors CS 7.4 has been released in the Cemetech archives, with LCD fixes for the newest LCD drivers (thanks to Runer112 for implementing the new routines!).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 43 of 43
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours