closed source: not open source.

running DCS from startup: ZStart, or just never exit.

Math inside of DCS:

Code:

Lbl 1
Input "",Str1
If Str1="Exit
Return
expr(Str1
Disp Ans
Goto 1
Actually, Doors CS already has a setting to run immediately when you turn the calculator on. If you want to write your own clock SE, I recommend that you look at the source for the TabFuncs SE or the Password SE to see how it's done.

Doors CS and Doors CSE are now closed-source because a community member (who is now banned from Cemetech and Omnimaga but not ticalc.org for abusing members and issuing death threats) stole code without attributing it, then denied stealing said code. Since then, I have been much more careful about who I give my code to.
This is kind of off-topic, but I have to ask: Death threats?
Are we talking about "KnightOS man"?
KermMartian wrote:
banned from Cemetech and Omnimaga but not ticalc.org
nor TI-Planet.

Regarding code theft, this is not the first time Kerm has this happening to his work. It happened over a decade ago as well on a regular basis on ticalc.org. Bryan Thomas had the same problem with Contra 83. I could understand why he is keeping his project that he spent over a decade of work on closed-source.
KermMartian wrote:
Actually, Doors CS already has a setting to run immediately when you turn the calculator on. If you want to write your own clock SE, I recommend that you look at the source for the TabFuncs SE or the Password SE to see how it's done.

Doors CS and Doors CSE are now closed-source because a community member (who is now banned from Cemetech and Omnimaga but not ticalc.org for abusing members and issuing death threats) stole code without attributing it, then denied stealing said code. Since then, I have been much more careful about who I give my code to.

SirCmpwn is still ruining stuff for the calc community and he's not even here? Goddamn. I would have loved to explore Doors' source when I had the time.
DJ_O wrote:
Regarding code theft, this is not the first time Kerm has this happening to his work. It happened over a decade ago as well on a regular basis on ticalc.org. Bryan Thomas had the same problem with Contra 83. I could understand why he is keeping his project that he spent over a decade of work on closed-source.
Yep, it certainly happened with my TI-BASIC programs (and for all I know, continues to). Happily, ticalc.org staff have been very prompt and cooperative (and eagle-eyed) about catching and fixing such things, so at least ticalc.org lacks such bootlegged programs.
During Windows XP's reign, there was a Powertoy called TweakUI. It could, as the name suggests, tweak the UI. Maybe you can release something like that for customizing icons, scrollbars, cursors, etc.

Oh, and allow programs to be sent to the calc while DCS is running.
You're really not getting the whole "no new features" concept very well, I'm afraid. The bottom line is that while I have had a great deal of fun over the past 12 years creating Doors CS, it has reached a point in its features and stability that it's not worth my time to continue to expand and improve it. Doors CSE is under more active development, but even that will not be getting huge new features. Real life takes too much time for me to dump massive effort into relatively low-impact additions.
KermMartian wrote:
You're really not getting the whole "no new features" concept very well, I'm afraid.

I know, right?
Well, let's take this Kerm's approach.

*Make DCS stop deleting my programs when I try to archive them.
*Make DCS stop deleting my programs when I try to hide them.
*Make DCS stop deleting my programs when I try to lock them
*Make DCS stop deleting my programs when I try to lock them, but click on the middle of "delete" and "lock."
Eightx84 wrote:
Well, let's take this Kerm's approach.

*Make DCS stop deleting my programs when I try to archive them.
*Make DCS stop deleting my programs when I try to hide them.
*Make DCS stop deleting my programs when I try to lock them
*Make DCS stop deleting my programs when I try to lock them, but click on the middle of "delete" and "lock."
I don't understand what you're trying to say. Is this a bug report?
you could say that. It's also a feature request, if you think about it.
I never had such problem happening.
It happened twice on some of my large projects. They've been restored by hours of furious programming, but this should be the most major bug fix. It could be just me.
DJ_O wrote:
I never had such problem happening.
Nor me. It sounds to me like some ASM program corrupted your VAT, and it didn't show up until Doors CS went to use the VAT.
I never created an ASM program, much less used them since my last reset. I just opened/archived an Axe source file, and it shows random stuff, then gets deleted. (also make the 8-line editor as fast as (or faster than) the built-in editor)
Well, sometimes even Axe programs can have unintended side effects. Personally, I have never had this issue. What seems to be the problem, and when does it occur?
Every once in a while, DCS deletes my programs whenever I change the status. Once I accidentally clicked on the middle of "delete" and "lock" when I was trying to lock the program, and it deleted a week later.

I used the HomeRun feature on a source file and it displayed 2 random chars. Then, the calc crashed, and it disappeared. As a precaution, I use the 7-line editor.
Fix the battery display? It changes when the contrast changes. My friend said that it's a bug, but I'm just making sure.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 41 of 43
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours