Yes, 'tis.
it still doesn't work help Exclamation Exclamation may i see copy of a working code so i can see
TheStorm wrote:
it still doesn't work help Exclamation Exclamation may i see copy of a working code so i can see
Better idea: how about _you_ post _your_ code and we see what you're doing wrong? Smile

Code:
::DCS
:"EFEFDFDFEFF7D5E3
::A
:HIGHSCOR
::
Looks good to me. What's not working about it?
I get error # 553 and Tari got the same thing there must be a bug somewhere please fix so i can do more with my programs maybe you should test it I'm using DCS RC3 and I believe Tari had RC2.1. If you find the problem please send me the fix.
Shock
DCS Wiki wrote:
Error 553: Variable intended for a different version [ERR: VERSION]
WTF? I'll take a look. I suspect the quoted icons may have broken it.
Ya fix that yet Kerm because that would be a big help for my Lightning Game, so people don't have to have prgmHIGHSCOR unarchived to play.
TheStorm wrote:
Ya fix that yet Kerm because that would be a big help for my Lightning Game, so people don't have to have prgmHIGHSCOR unarchived to play.
Uhhh, no need to remind me, I already added it to my to-do list. Razz At this point we're looking at a worst-case release date of mid- to late May.
O-kay Sad I was wondering becasue some friends at school were weighting for the final release to try it but I'll tell them it'll be a while.
TheStorm wrote:
O-kay Sad I was wondering becasue some friends at school were weighting for the final release to try it but I'll tell them it'll be a while.
*bump* fixed your issue after about 45 minutes of work - a combination of two problems. Anyway, back on track for an April release; all I need to do is find that Phoenix rearchive bug and get a few people to help finish the DCS wiki documentation. Woot.
Yea Very Happy Exclamation Woot, Woot! I'm looking forward to the final release it'll be awesome. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
TheStorm wrote:
Yea Very Happy Exclamation Woot, Woot! I'm looking forward to the final release it'll be awesome. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Yeah, but first I need to figure out wtf is up with Phoebix. I've done some searching, and there's no problems that are immediately evident.
Maybe you can do a Door CS6 RC 4 until you fix the Phoenix Bug Question Smile
TheStorm wrote:
Maybe you can do a Door CS6 RC 4 until you fix the Phoenix Bug Question Smile
I'm beginning to think the bug doesn't actually exist. It bugs identically under MOS, so I'm thinking it's a problem with Phoenix, not DCS.
If the bug happens with MOS and DCS then the problem must be with Phoenix. Very Happy
It dosen't does it on CruncyOS, though... but CruncyOS dosen't write back to the program itself so [shrugs]...
I've begun to trace the problem as evidenced by Gemini (which is less buggy than Phoenix). I've found why the 506 error is popping up, but not why Phoenix and Gemini are setting their ROM pages to $FF (nonexistent on every calc).
*bump* YAYZ!!!!

Quote:
[16:55] KermMarti: z80 ASM guys
[16:56] KermMarti: what does it mean if a program's page as defined in the VAT is $FF?
[16:57] KermMarti: aaanyone?
[16:59] Andy_J: my guess would be that it's in ram, but I have no idea
[17:02] KermMarti: interesting
[17:02] KermMarti: because page $00 is usually RAM
[17:03] KermMarti: is $FF Ram1 then, and $00 is Ram0?
[17:05] Andy_J: dunno
[17:08] KermMarti: we'll see what the other gurus say
[17:17] *** Ximoon\w has joined #tcpa.
[17:17] *** Mode change "+v Ximoon\w" for channel #tcpa by efneTI89.
[17:17] *** Mode change "+v Ximoon\w" for channel #tcpa by efneTI86.
[17:29] KermMarti: BrandonW: you there?
[17:33] *** glk1 has joined #tcpa.
[17:34] *** Mode change "+v glk1" for channel #tcpa by Remius.
[17:34] *** Mode change "+v glk1" for channel #tcpa by Manaze.
[17:35] *** glk has signed off IRC (Read error: Operation timed out).
[17:44] BrandonW: I am now, yes.
[17:44] BrandonW: What's going on?
[17:45] BrandonW: If a variable's page is 0FFh, your VAT is corrupted. The OS doesn't do that.
[17:46] BrandonW: The OS will change a hook's page to 0FFh if the app it came from no longer exists, but that's the only time that happens.
[17:47] KermMarti: interesting
[17:47] BrandonW: And even then, I've yet to see the OS actually do that...but there's a BCALL which does just that.
[17:48] KermMarti: because when I run Gemini or Phoenix
[17:48] KermMarti: they change their page from $00 to $FF
[17:48] BrandonW: Run them from what?
[17:48] BrandonW: Which calculator?
[17:48] BrandonW: Can you emulate it and set an address watchpoint on the VAT page byte?
[17:48] BrandonW: And see what code is doing it?
[17:48] KermMarti: PTI
[17:48] KermMarti: which unfortunately doesn't have address watchpoints
[17:48] KermMarti: afaik
[17:49] KermMarti: and TI-83
[17:49] KermMarti: +
[17:49] BrandonW: Use the flash simulator, and I meant which shell.
[17:49] KermMarti: oh
[17:49] KermMarti: DCS
[17:49] *** leofox has signed off IRC (Ping timeout: 264 seconds).
[17:49] BrandonW: Run them from MirageOS or similar and see if it happens, which I doubt.
[17:49] KermMarti: it's the final issue remaining - Gemini, Phoenix, and other similarly large programs don't rearchive properly
[17:49] KermMarti: ok
[17:49] BrandonW: I point towards something from DCS.
[17:50] BrandonW: What's the VAT address if the page is 0FFh?
[17:51] BrandonW: Something in 4000h-7FFFh or RAM?
[17:51] KermMarti: interesting, I just looked at the VAT directory instead of watching the register outputs of chkfindsym
[17:51] KermMarti: *directly
[17:51] KermMarti: and it has page 0 / $9C45
[17:51] KermMarti: hmm
[17:52] BrandonW: So...the page 0FFh thing was wrong?
[17:52] KermMarti: probably still a corrupted VAT if chkfindsym is confused
[17:52] KermMarti: invalid output from chkfindsym, anyway
[17:52] BrandonW: Carry set?
[17:52] KermMarti: checked it
[17:53] BrandonW: As in, it's not set?
[17:53] KermMarti: correct
[17:53] KermMarti: hold on, I'm pulling up the relevantcode in my editor
[17:53] KermMarti: +[space]
[17:54] KermMarti: omg, I can't believe how stupid I was >.<
[17:54] KermMarti: it's always a big thing, not some tiny detail I forgot
[17:54] KermMarti: ld hl,(AppVarLoc)
rst 20h
call Arc_Unarc

[17:54] KermMarti: how about a ChkFindSym in there somewhere, Mr. Brilliant? Razz
[17:55] KermMarti: I was only look at the contents of Arc_Unarc, so I never noticed that
[17:55] BrandonW: How about BCALL instead of call, too?
[17:55] BrandonW: It's a routine of your own?
[17:55] KermMarti: yes
[17:56] KermMarti: I use it instead of ArcUnarc because it does RAM/ROM free checking and catches memory errors before they have a chance to trigger
[17:56] KermMarti: let's see if adding that chkfindsym fixed it...
[17:57] KermMarti: yay! Last reported bug vanquished
[17:57] KermMarti: DCS6 RC4 ready for release
[17:57] KermMarti: thanks for the help, Brandon.
hELZ yes BIZniTcH!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 43
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours