» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sage Orator wrote:
That was the plan. For example, "Done with rendering routine, on to main game portion." That's all I plan to leak about what the program will be.
Excellent, that format will work perfectly. Just make sure you keep it that way. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Yeah, the less info you release beforehand, the better, even though we don't have strict no-info rules like some of the contests on UTI and elsewhere.

yeah, but then again, we don't have that much on the line either for these contests, just bragging rights mostly.
rivereye wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Yeah, the less info you release beforehand, the better, even though we don't have strict no-info rules like some of the contests on UTI and elsewhere.

yeah, but then again, we don't have that much on the line either for these contests, just bragging rights mostly.
There is that. It would be good to keep the entries as original as possible, though, by not allowing ideas from one entrant to contaminate the imagination of another.
Good idea, my imagination gets easily contaminated. Razz
calc84maniac wrote:
Good idea, my imagination gets easily contaminated. Razz
Laughing Oh come on, you know exactly what I mean. Smile I'm looking forward to having a wide variety of programs to judge.
I wasn't being sarcastic. Rolling Eyes
calc84maniac wrote:
I wasn't being sarcastic. Rolling Eyes
Oh, the Razz emoticon usually signals sarcasm or some degree of facetiousness to me. My mistake. See, this is exactly the kind of thing that my Lol Rant covered.
I'll make a note of that. Razz
Just Joking about the Razz . Wink
calc84maniac wrote:
I'll make a note of that. Razz
Just Joking about the Razz . Wink
Agggh! /me undergoes neural implosion from contradictory emotional expressions present in calc84maniac's last post.
I will say 1-2 things about my progress

Done with engine, now I am going to reprogram the engine in atleast 1 other form (maybe 3 Evil or Very Mad )
So you can hand the same engine in in several different formats? Sounds like an ambitious proposal. I'm glad that everyone has gotten such a large headstart on their entries this time.
It would really just be the choice of the user (a program that uses the engine just calls one of the programs to render). Do you want size(string) or speed(matrix may also do matrix)? Graphics (tons of pics) or size(1 800 k file)?
Sweet, this could be nice and versatile! Now I'm getting excited for 2007 for reasons other than the release of Doors CS 6. Smile
I think this contest is going to get really exciting (we need to publicise this one more)

P.S. the entire engine is 2.1 k , now for the optimizing Evil or Very Mad
If anyone wants to post the frontpage news text to Revsoft, TI-FW, Maxcoderz, UTI, BlueCrimson, TI-News, TI-Bank, etc, feel free.
I'll see if I can post over at Omnimaga, and TI-FW should be dealt with by tifreak8x I think.
I haven't even started yet...
calc84maniac wrote:
I haven't even started yet...

Razz The only reason I am so far is because I was bored the last few days, besides it might be nice to finish it early for once Laughing
I guess I'll handle posting a thread about it at UnitedTI then. MC and Rev are more ASM places than BASIC places, so I guess I'll skip them for now.
Let's make it our goal to get atleast 10 people to enter the contest Idea

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours