No, it's as I suspected then, that the new stuff I've added in my own intenal version is causing the problem.
*bump* I managed to repair that error, and I fixed up the following items since Beta 1. Doors CS 5.8 Beta 2 is well on its way to completion.

:: Desktop upgraded with new scrollbar from the DCS GUI API (DGA). (10/20/06)
:: Dynamic user-settable acceleration in GUIMouse complete. (10/19/06)
:: Dynamic user-settable acceleration in regular mouse complete. (10/19/06)
:: Dynamic user-settable acceleration in Options Menu complete. (10/19/06)
:: Active Bug A0009 reported by Alex10819; solved and moved. (10/19/06)
:: Contrast bug introduced by GUI scrollbar onclick change found and repaired. (10/18/06)
Any progress on the debouncing yet?
foamy3 wrote:
Any progress on the debouncing yet?
Can't say that I have made any progress on that. Still working on that one; I've double-check my existing debounce routines, and there's no reason why they shouldn't be working. I also "fixed" the Defragmenting.... problem; I add quotes because the bug recurred anyway.
Since no one bothered to start a DCS 5.8 Beta 2 thread yet (Rolling Eyes), here we go. Current, concrete status of the MultiLine Text Input section of the GUI:

YES Right arrow across row
YES Right arrow down row
YES Left arrow across row
NO Left arrow up row
YES Down arrow down row
NO Up arrow up row
NO Down arrow down page
NO Up arrow up page
Bumpity bump. Starting to narrow this down:

YES Right arrow across row
YES Right arrow down row
YES Left arrow across row
NO Left arrow up row Uses FindLineEnd
YES Down arrow down row
NO Up arrow up row Uses FindLineEnd
NO Down arrow down page Scrolls to the bottom... ?!
NO Up arrow up page Uses FindLineEnd
While testing the newest doors beta version, I have found that it will crash if I edit the cursor and make this certain pixel(somewhere in the center middle) of the arrow white. Immediately after I changed the pixel, the whole screen turned blank, and the calc kept on turning off for some reason. Surprised (well, i finally fixed it by ON+Clear) Also, there was this weird bug that crashed the calculator when I made Doors CS shutdown. I can't seem to reproduce that error though. Confused

Btw, Doors CS looks much better now, like the new arrow things, looks a lot nicer than before. Smile
Hey, thanks, I'm very glad to hear it! Well, I'll add that cursor bug to my to-do list.
KermMartian wrote:
Hey, thanks, I'm very glad to hear it! Well, I'll add that cursor bug to my to-do list.
*bump*
I'm afraid I'm unable to reproduce the cursor bug. I turned each of the 64 pixels through all 3 of their states, and nothing crashed. I can't seem to replicate the shutdown thing either; could you get it to happen again and give me a more detailed report of what you did to make it crash?
KermMartian wrote:
I turned each of the 64 pixels through all 3 of their states

Now that's dedication. Wink
Very Happy Thanks. I tried as hard as I could to get it to crash, eg, random keypresses and such, but nothing. Oh well.
Hm...ok, now i figured out the shutdown thing was due to Calcnet2 and gCn option turned on. After i turn that on, and press shutdown, it freezes or turns off(and refuses to turn back on w/e On+clear). Other times it draws random lines and then freezes.

Another bug i found is that if i press [on] on the about screen, and then press any key, the calc will be locked up (unless On+clear)

I'll try to duplicate the cursor thing, and i'll post it once i figure out how to make it work again.
chesspro wrote:
Hm...ok, now i figured out the shutdown thing was due to Calcnet2 and gCn option turned on. After i turn that on, and press shutdown, it freezes or turns off(and refuses to turn back on w/e On+clear). Other times it draws random lines and then freezes.
Ah yes, I haven't perfected the interrupt switching between Cn2 and the TI-OS interrupt.

chesspro wrote:
Another bug i found is that if i press [on] on the about screen, and then press any key, the calc will be locked up (unless On+clear)
Hmm, that's where I'm using a Pause. I'll have to disable onInterrupt in the Pause loop.

chesspro wrote:
I'll try to duplicate the cursor thing, and i'll post it once i figure out how to make it work again.
Cool, thanks.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours