KermMartian wrote:
calc84maniac wrote:
Holding down alpha makes the right click menu go on off on off on off...
I have to quickly tap it to make it stay on...
Duly noted, that's the same debounce problem.

oh yah, and if you go to the about screen it quickly fades in and out.
Really? I've had no problems with it there. Razz
o.O I just go to the contrast menu and turn up the contrast, after 1 click my calc crashes...
Harq wrote:
o.O I just go to the contrast menu and turn up the contrast, after 1 click my calc crashes...
Shock orly? I'll see if I can duplicate this. So:

>> Mouse acceleration
>> Debouncing
>> Contrast crash
That contrast thing is weird. I can still barely see the screen, but I can't see the mouse. Hitting on does nothing so I guess I'll have to pull a batt. There's no keypad shortcut out of the contrast menu, is there?
foamy3 wrote:
That contrast thing is weird. I can still barely see the screen, but I can't see the mouse. Hitting on does nothing so I guess I'll have to pull a batt. There's no keypad shortcut out of the contrast menu, is there?
Negatory, although if I can get keyboard shortcuts working within the GUI system that's one of the first things I'll add.
I have successfully exited the contrast bug...
calc84maniac wrote:
I have successfully exited the contrast bug...
So it's non-fatal then? But there is still the problem of the contrast randomly being low.
When I click OK or Cancel, it goes back to normal. I noticed that it doesn't change until you press OK, whereas earlier it changed automatically. Maybe you forgot to remove the auto-change when pressing up.
calc84maniac wrote:
When I click OK or Cancel, it goes back to normal. I noticed that it doesn't change until you press OK, whereas earlier it changed automatically. Maybe you forgot to remove the auto-change when pressing up.
It's supposed to autoset to your current value, then dynamically change contrast as you click up and down. OK keeps the changes, Cancel reverts back to the value you had before.
Pressing down does nothing to the contrast until you press ok.
calc84maniac wrote:
Strange - was this a TI-83+ or a TI-84+ series calc?
84 SE
Super, I'll check it out and see if I can replicate it. So:

>> Settable acceleration
>> Contrast issues
>> Debouncing

Anything else?
calc84maniac wrote:

Same thing happened to me. Also 84+SE
Word, glad that this bug is replicatable. Working on the acceleration thing first.
*bump*

>> Replicated the contrast bug. Source of bug deduced, now under examination and repair

>> Replicated the debounce problem. Possible fix added; testing

>> Custom acceleration feature 60% complete.

Edit: 4pm EST
Contrast bug has been solved. It turns out that when I changed the GUI scrollbar configuration as per Elfprince's excellent suggestions, I forgot to change the Contrast GUI's pointers accordingly. Therefore it always read a '0' for the contrast, leading to no change when decrementing and a blank screen trying to increment. Next up: debouncing.
Go Kerm go! Go Kerm go!
I found a rather strange error - see if any of you can replicate it. When you quit DCS, look in the [2nd][Mem][2][1] menu and see if you find anything unusual.
KermMartian wrote:
I found a rather strange error - see if any of you can replicate it. When you quit DCS, look in the [2<sup>nd</sup>][Mem][2][1] menu and see if you find anything unusual.

Nothing out of the ordinary. The only thing in my RAM was the DCS appvar. Any specific way you closed it? (x in the corner/clear)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours