As soon as I can get it fully working. Needless to say, there are still a few bugs in it, such as its tendency to make Doors CS right-click (wtf is that about?!). I'm making steady progress though.
Sounds awsome. What hardware do you have attached to the calculator?
this is cool, but is it like the erlier versions where you needed a server calc, or does this not due to the changes not require a server
@ Swivel: no extra hardware, just parallel connections of calcs.

@Glenn: No server is needed. It's a completely decentralized network paradigm.
So, basically, this will work ok for 1 on 1 calcs, and then will eventually be able to connect to the net via the comp system, which will allow it to connect to other calcs?
COOL, so just a large set of cables tant have tip ti tip, middle to middle, and bottom to bottom, and a bunch of calcs with the software are needed right? and when can i/everyone other that you have a copy?
What Glenn said. you can have more than 2 together without a computer, but you need more hardware than TI provides, i.e. you would need to splice link cables together.
KermMartian wrote:
What Glenn said. you can have more than 2 together without a computer, but you need more hardware than TI provides, i.e. you would need to splice link cables together.

or a hub that connects any of the ones you plugin, Wink , like timendus had for CLAP.
well yeah, but that's still just connection in parallel of some sort.
actually, buidling a hub for this could be fun, can't wait to try this out.
Anybody remember my idea that I posted for the hub? (I think it's somewhere on the old forum, but the old forum prunes old topics, so I can't go back and check Sad)
rivereye wrote:
actually, buidling a hub for this could be fun, can't wait to try this out.

Yeah, would be quite fun, if you can get 4 or 5 female connectors, and wire them up... twould be an easy and cheap task...
I remember seeing schematics for a hub around somewhere; it was just a whole mess of 2.5 mm plugs wired in parallel.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Anybody remember my idea that I posted for the hub? (I think it's somewhere on the old forum, but the old forum prunes old topics, so I can't go back and check Sad)
No it doesn't - just choose "from the beginning "at the bottom of the subforum pages.
Psst, Kerm, when can I get a copy of this to try out with pyTiCables so that I can see if thats a feasable option or not? (I guess you never checked your PMs Razz )
I have some old boxes that were for somelike a wierd printer connector, its got holes in it perfect for a bunch of female cables. I could probably use that Razz
Kllrnohj wrote:
Psst, Kerm, when can I get a copy of this to try out with pyTiCables so that I can see if thats a feasable option or not? (I guess you never checked your PMs Razz )
Erm, you realize that you'll need to manually set the clock and data lines low and high in accordance with the protocol, right? That you can't just use the built-in TI send/rec routines? But yeah, I'll PM you a link to a copy.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours