Can someone write me a program that checks the status of the linkport and returns it(Into ANS) like 1=line 1(red I think), 2=Line 2(White?) and 3=both(red and white. Smile) and 0=none

I have plans for a TICI compatable door lock.

I am thinking that I will listen on the red line(if it is pressed then released, it would lock it, if it is pressed for 3 seconds it will unlock it) then it would output to the white line that would need 2 micro-relays to set a motor spinning one way, then if it is just pressed, it will output voltage(I know this is possible, I just have to figure out what pins) to the USB port spinning the motor the other way.

It could be bolted next to the door then the motor could move the lock.

I am planning on using a wireless phone(Input on the In Use LED) because they use a transmit code to the base before turning on the LED's so they would be more secure then something that just outputted a solid pitch to a wave. Also, it is easier to build:)

Any ways this couldn't work???
It could be done relatively easily. Why 84 only though?
I would use the USB port to turn the lock 1 way.

Or... if someone could tell me how to build a circuit that intreperets the signals that come through, I would make it 83+ compatable too, but I don't know the circuits. Neutral
You could use one of the I/O line to control the phone, and use the other end of the phone with a small circuit to turn the motor. You actually would only need one line.
hmm... I would wire the In Use light to the red line, then use the reciever(handset) to turn the LED on and activate the calculator. The calculator would be inside the locked room.
netham45 wrote:
hmm... I would wire the In Use light to the red line, then use the reciever(handset) to turn the LED on and activate the calculator. The calculator would be inside the locked room.
Why would you need the calculator at all in that setup?? It would be so much easier to do it all in hardware.
I am dumb! I dunno much hardware!
netham45 wrote:
lolz. Here's how I would recommend you do this: use tones sent over the phone to trigger aa multiplexer connected the an H-bridge at the far end.
*twitch* *twitch*
fuck, this is harder then I origionally planned.
I would'nt think it would not be very easy.
netham45 wrote:
Don't feel bad about not knowing about electronics. Most of us have been working with them for years. It's ok.

Quote:

Oh, the irony...Laughing

Did you read the links I gave you about the USB protocol yet? I BANISH YOU TO REMEDIAL TRAINING!!! Then come back when you know what you're doing Wink

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/electronic/etroncon.html#c1

^Go there. Now.
swivelgames wrote:
I would'nt think it would not be very easy.
At the end of that obfuscated string of multinegatives, I get... "I would that would be easy". Not the way he's trying to do it. Using the cordless phone adds a whole new dimension of complexity.
If you just need a wireless switch, why don't you just get something like a wireless doorbell or some other cheap and basic wireless gadget... Then you don't need all this complicated wireless phone + usb calculator junk
Hmm...wireless door could == RFID door lock Very Happy
Kllrnohj wrote:
If you just need a wireless switch, why don't you just get something like a wireless doorbell or some other cheap and basic wireless gadget... Then you don't need all this complicated wireless phone + usb calculator junk
Actually, I just realized something. There's no need for a dual-direction motor, just use a solenoid with a return spring. Then you can use the Active LED to draw back the bolt.
Well, If I do that then It isn't TICI.... Smile

I don't want to have to unlock my door(to my bedroom) every time I go in. I'll also definitely forget the phone in there a couple of times.

I also was going to use a Trillion-like setup so I could emulate the light on from my other calc(so I can get back in)...
Easy solution. Get RFID tags implanted into your hand. Presto! Problem solved! (I'm only partially kidding - there are people that do this for their house, car, etc... Getting the RFID chip implanted into you is done the same way it is done for dogs and such - a big needle Very Happy )

Seriosly tho, going calc->phone seems a bit complicated when you could just get like a $20 wireless doorbell and achieve the same effect (with pretty good range)
*twitch* *twitch* Hypodermic metal...
Quote:
Well, If I do that then It isn't TICI.... Smile

But you still have to take into account usefulness of a project; using a calculator is somewhat cool, but utterly useless (This reminds me of the TICI Joystick discussion on the old forums Laughing)
TICI Joystick? Can I have a link plz?

Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours