I personaly like MACs, but here is a funny video made by people who dispise macs. Very funny.

::WARNING::
Mild Language
This is about 48 MB so it may take a bit. (MPEG Format)

Here is a 3 MB version for all you low speed folks (WMV Format)
Seen it before, but I was happy to see it again. Quite a good one, in my opinion.
Its pretty funny, I liked watching it. Made me laugh, I needed that today Razz
yeah, that is a very good commercial.

http://tv.truenuff.com/mac/

Some great ones there, including some apperances from our good Friend Linux (and BSD pops in once also).
i like the first one, about to watch your riv, i will edit my post when i do

EDIT: i can not get the second one to work
Yup, I had seen all but one of those before. They're excellent parodies. Very Happy
Just got done watching them. Very funny Laughing , thanks for the link rivereye.
yeah, no problem. Says what too much time on your hands can do.
In other news, there's three more of those official Get A Mac ads, and they're relatively good:
http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/
Yah, I have always liked the original ones Razz
KermMartian wrote:
In other news, there's three more of those official Get A Mac ads, and they're relatively good:
http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/

<rant>
I hate those ads SOOO much. First, they call it a PC and not Windows - I guess Apple likes to convientiently FORGET THE FACT THAT MACS ARE NOW PCS. Second, they try to play off their hardware as somehow faster - a bold faced lie as it is the exact same hardware you can get for a Windows-based PC. They also try to make fun of the 'included programs' that come with a PC.. Uh.. Hello? The term PCs describes HARDWARE, NOT SOFTWARE. It is WINDOWS that comes with nothing. Last I checked, Ubuntu runs on PCs, is just as fast and stable as OS X (if not moreso), and comes with craploads of included software.

And lets not forget that the Mac is represented by the "younger, hipper" guy, and the PC is supposed to be, what, a square? I'm fairly certain a custom VooDoo PC will turn a hell of alot more heads than some crappy mac - ditto for other boutique venders. And lets not forget the games, and all their gorgeous glory, which Macs completely miss out on
</rant>
I saw someone with a macbook today...I pity the fool who uses a mac.
Maybe one of us could get a law degree and we could sue them for false advertising Razz
I remember some country (England?) removed Apple's billboards from their highways because it was false advertising Laughing
You're absolutely right about that; they did that, though, because it would be libel to directly attack Windows in their advertisements. That's why product comnparison advertisements say "...than the leading competitor" rather than naming whom the leading competitor is.
Quote:
MACS ARE NOW PCS

In my understanding of the word PC, it is a personal computer, and in a computer that was designed for personal/home use. In that asspect, the Mac, having always been a computer designed for personal use, even in the Apple II age, has always been a PC. That is another thing to take into account for them.

Also, Macs (if I remember correctly) run the Intel Core Duo, right? We have the Core 2 Duo which kicks the pants off of a Core Duo for the Windows based machine.
What Kllr means is that now mac & regular pc's use the same hardware standards.

Quote:
Core 2 Duo

true, but the way he said it just caught my attention.

And what is with the ... about my Core 2 Duo statment?
Its not about the statement, but the name; saying Core 2 Duo is just...so...
/me is lost, what do you mean?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours