You're in MIT?
Not yet, at least. I guess I wasn't clear enough when I said "in the future".
Very Happy Yes indeed, >(^') to you. And Kuro, I agree that that was quit eunclear. I too would have initially thought you were at MIT.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
And something that I must ask: Has anyone noticed that now getting straight A's doesn't really mean you're intelligent anymore, but that you have an immense amount of free time to dedicate to school?

bah, I rarely study and I still get straight A's with a few A+'s tosed in (and these are in honors and AP classes Very Happy )

Ooops, gotta go, MIT interview and all Razz
That depends on how difficult your school is, then. Razz
My school doesn't offer A+'s. You can have a 306.67% and still only get an A. They do have A-'s, though.

And yeah, I've noticed time is really starting to effect my grades, as well. Teachers all say, "The homework will only take you an hour." Well, 1 hour for 4 classes is 4 hours. Plus, if we want to go to college, most of us have to pay for it. Even if you only work 4 hours a day after school, you still get home at 8 so you can't finish the homework until 12. Then when we're tired first period, they say we should go to bed earlier...
foamy3 wrote:
Plus, if we want to go to college, most of us have to so you can't finish the homework until 12.

How does planning on going to college mean you can't finish 4hrs worth of homework before midnight?
For me, my teachers say 'Don't spend more than 1.5 hours each night studying/doing homework for this class' - I have 6 classes at the moment.

Quote:
That depends on how difficult your school is, then. Razz

My high school is #1 in NC...Laughing I wonder what the other high schoold must be like ph43r
Yeah, last time I checked 3 + 4 < 12 Razz

Do you have a lot of after school activities (I have 2 hours of choir on Monday, 1 on Tuesday, and another hour of orchestra on Tuesday)
Err, what the...? My post got messed up when I posted. It removed a section from the middle. Anyway, I edited it and bolded the part that went missing before.
foamy3 wrote:
Err, what the...? My post got messed up when I posted. It removed a section from the middle. Anyway, I edited it and bolded the part that went missing before.

:CLICK:
Now it makes sense
yeah, interesting. I think my scholl is a tad bit crazy in some of there stuff (would you agree proegssilb?).
rivereye wrote:
yeah, interesting. I think my scholl is a tad bit crazy in some of there stuff (would you agree proegssilb?).
I'd need an example....
well, my 5th hour comes to mind.
rivereye wrote:
well, my 5th hour comes to mind.

Given the lack of AP Comp Sci at our school, what did you expect?
Nah, how they handled ATYP was weird... They contacted the state, not the program coordinator, and had me fill out paper work for an independant study, despite the fact that it was closer to KCTC...
yeah, that is odd also, or how when a class that in its design is multi school, and has a capacity of about 20 kids, when over 30 from one of the three schools apply for it, they claim there was not enough interest to run the class for another year (and it was my favorite class too, I was supposed to further my studies in it).
I went to the MIT admissions meeting near me...I actually have a good chance of getting in; They accept around 24 people from my area, and a lot less than that showed up to the meeting Laughing The one benefit of living in NC...

And MIT IS EXPENSIVE!!!!! $46,000 A YEAR?!?! WTF!!!!!!!

Oh, and they were having technical difficulties with their powerpoint Laughing And my favorite quote of the night:

Quote:
There are a lot of numbers at MIT

Oh, and I heard about a requirement for 2 SAT II Subject Tests...I wonder which I should take...
I took Biology, US History, Math IIIc, and Chemistry. Uusually a math/science and an "other" is what they look for.
Crying
netham45 wrote:
Crying
What are you upset at, the cost of college or having to take SAT IIs?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours