Well, some of you may have noticed my decreased activity of late,

anyway, I'm rapidly running out of free time. I'm taking a college class, working on my Eagle project, working starting a global challenge team, cramming 2 years of calculus into 1, being more social irl than ever, working on several large programming projects, and still trying to keep my grades up enough to get into a college like MIT or Olin. In short I no longer have the time to be an active member of the TI Community. This saddens me greatly, because you guys have been a huge part of my life of the last year and a half. Some of you I knew better than others, but I counted (almost) all of you as friends and I hope to stay in touch via IM with some of you, and Im sure Ill meet some of you at some point, since Ill be going off to college in 2 years.

I promise Ill get around to finish Strategic Conquest before I disappear completely.

Anyway, personal thank you's/goodbyes etc follow in no particular order, if I forget anyone, please dont be offended, just say something and I'll edit you in.
If I have any arguments left unsettled, I forgive you, please do the same for me.

xlibman: thank you for being there whenever I felt depressed, and for inspiring me to push Basic to its limits.

Kerm: thank you for being a friend, helping out whenever I needed help with something, and again for inspiring me to push Basic to its limits

Weregoose and Darkerline: for teaching me so much about programming, math, and for being the good people you are.

AlienCC: thank you for being a friend, I always enjoyed our late night philosophical discussions, jokes, and camaraderie. You're a great guy, keep it up.

Swivelgames: thanks for being me internet-brother. I could always count on you for support, friendship, and having a good time.

Arcane Wizard: we rarely agreed on anything, but I really enjoyed our debates.

Digitan, Jbirk, and the rest of UTI: thanks for keeping the community on its feet, UTI was like a second home to me.

To all of Cemetech: you guys are great, Ill still hang around on skype on occasion, and visit you guys on blockland.

Raster: for being the first one to support SFGP.

To the guys at Revsoft: thanks for encouraging my first forays in Asm.

Omnimaga: probably the friendliest and most supportive online community Ive ever been a part of, keep it up, and keep churning out those games.

To everyone else: for teaching me, learning from me, supporting me, and generally being great people.
Elfprince, it's been great having you around. You've helped push me to finish up projects and move forward with more momentum. I think you've greatly added to this site and to the community. I definitely understand your sentiment about running out of time for everything. I hope you manage to work out the time constraints so you can rejoin us here at some point.

Olin and MIT are both excellent choices. I was considering going to Olin; I went through the whole shebang, and it was one of the final ones I narrowed down to in May, but I eventually decided it was too isolated and remote. Good luck in the college search; who knows, you might even end up at my colleged. Very Happy

So bon voyage, dear friend, and hope all goes well for you.
It was good having you around elfprince. Smile

Though, we would really like to have you come around, if nothing more than to say hi once a week and let us know how you are doing.

Meh, I am not really good with good byes... Wink Evil or Very Mad
always sad to see a member go, especially one with as much influence that you yourself have showed. I wish you the best of luck in anything that you may do and I too hope you stop by and say hi on occassion.

Speaking of college, I need to get my butt in gear on the search, but I will probably hit my local CC for two years and transfer to Ferris State or something.

Also, what are you doing for your Eagle project? I only ever made Star, but then again I was a slacker also.
See ya elfprince, come back soon, ya hear? Wink

Speaking of MIT - thats where I'm applying for early action - I got an interview tomarrow night with an alum for the application process, actually... That'd be cool if we both get accepted to MIT and get to chill IRL Very Happy (what are you right now? junior? senior?)
KermMartian wrote:
Elfprince, it's been great having you around. You've helped push me to finish up projects and move forward with more momentum. I think you've greatly added to this site and to the community. I definitely understand your sentiment about running out of time for everything. I hope you manage to work out the time constraints so you can rejoin us here at some point.

Olin and MIT are both excellent choices. I was considering going to Olin; I went through the whole shebang, and it was one of the final ones I narrowed down to in May, but I eventually decided it was too isolated and remote. Good luck in the college search; who knows, you might even end up at my colleged. Very Happy

So bon voyage, dear friend, and hope all goes well for you.

who knows? I might end up at cooper. at least once Im in college, self transportation becomes easier. Ive enjoyed our friendship and working together and I hope to stay in touch via AIM/facebook

tifreak8x wrote:
It was good having you around elfprince. Smile

Though, we would really like to have you come around, if nothing more than to say hi once a week and let us know how you are doing.

Meh, I am not really good with good byes... Wink Evil or Very Mad

Ill probably pop into SAX occasionally and say hi.

rivereye wrote:
always sad to see a member go, especially one with as much influence that you yourself have showed. I wish you the best of luck in anything that you may do and I too hope you stop by and say hi on occassion.

Speaking of college, I need to get my butt in gear on the search, but I will probably hit my local CC for two years and transfer to Ferris State or something.

Also, what are you doing for your Eagle project? I only ever made Star, but then again I was a slacker also.

Im building a prayer labyrinth for my church.

Kllrnohj wrote:
See ya elfprince, come back soon, ya hear? Wink

Speaking of MIT - thats where I'm applying for early action - I got an interview tomarrow night with an alum for the application process, actually... That'd be cool if we both get accepted to MIT and get to chill IRL Very Happy (what are you right now? junior? senior?)

Junior right now, also if you are applying to MIT, check out Olin, its a free ride if you get accepted and is in the same area
It's sad to see you go, man. I'll miss you.

I hope you still stop in now and then to catch up. It'd be sad to loose all contact with you. I for one, haven't been around as much lately either. I've been very busy working on college applications, working a full time job, and keeping up my grades with a demanding course load (that and maintaining 6 Ubuntu computers w00t Very Happy ), but I still drop in when I can because this community means more to me than programming. I've met some very nice people here, and I have no intention of leaving at least until I finish college. I know that your situation is probably harder, and you have less time, but I really hope this isn't the last time I see you.

Whatever path you choose, I wish you the best: have a great and fulfilled life. Smile
In the small amount of time I've spent at Cemetch, your positive impact here has been very clear. I probably haven't been here quite long enough for my words to mean a whole heck of a lot, but good luck anyways.
Yeah, basically what haveacalc said, except I've been here a little longer. Good luck with whatever, but most importantly have fun.
My cousin goes to Olin, BTW, it's a good school.
My schedule's really hectic too now, so I'm not on as much as I would like; but I see where you're coming from elf Wink

Quote:

Just how many of us are applying to MIT? Laughing I have an admissions meeting on the 17th...
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Just how many of us are applying to MIT? 0x5 I have an admissions meeting on the 17th...

"Birds of a feather flock together..." Wink But I thought you were already in college...?
I was in college for one semester Wink
Good stuff, it would be great to have a little Cemetech posse together somewhere.
it would. Too bad MIT is out east and I don't think I could afford room and board for college, the reason I will stay local.
Well, you're here, so I think there's a good chance you could get enough scholarship to be able to afford room and board. You should try applying to some reach schools just to see what happens.
I'm applying to as many colleges as I can, but if I don't get enough $$$ through scholarships and whatnot, I may end up going to NC State NNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Laughing
That's not a bad choice, but I agree that you can probably do better academically. Just hafta keep those grades up. Smile
Yeah...NC State is #35 for engineering, so it's okay...but not great.

Quote:
Just hafta keep those grades up.

Laughing Getting straight B's last year doesn't help Sad My weighted GPA is pretty high, but with all those B's my unweighted GPA took a hit.

And something that I must ask: Has anyone noticed that now getting straight A's doesn't really mean you're intelligent anymore, but that you have an immense amount of free time to dedicate to school?
Yup, evaluations trend more and more towards measurements of rote memorization and test-taking skills rather than actual knowledge as you get older.
Sadly so.
So long Elfprince, and thanks for all the fish. I mean, programs, discussions, etc., and perhaps I will see you at MIT in the future. Blub salutes you. >( /')

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours