Ever since December of last year, my Voyage 200 has had this odd contrast issue.

Every time I turn my Voyage 200 on the contrast shoots to the maximum level before slowly lowering down to a usable level.
Adjusting the contrast with Diamond + Plus/Minus doesn't affect the contrast while it is adjusting. And even more bizarrely, sometimes the contrast seems to adjust to random levels on its own.

I took these 3 images every minute before it got to a level I can deem normal, has anyone else had this problem?

I'm tempted to say this is an impending failure/high-resistance LCD ribbon cable, passing power unevenly to the LCD. If it's randomly changing over a short period of time, it sounds too stochastic to be data lines going high-resistance and sending what appear to be errant contrast-change commands.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours