Hello!I had buyed new TI-84 plus CE-T Python Edition, i have turned on the calculator and all is work correctly.
But- Installed new ups and tryed to reinstall system , i use kali linux and use TiLP Software,i only go to the memorry settings on the calculator and clicked "reset all" , download TI-84 plus CE-T Python Edition OS , connect calculator to computer , and drug-drop os to the calculator , system is installed , calculator restarted automatticaly and i have white screen on calcuator, ok i restared calculator again manually, system has been installed BUT! I dont have python now here!Installed python app on this calculator and when start application i get this "Pytho programming is not available on the TI-84 plus CE" , but i have TI-84 plus CE-T Python Edition and installed TI-84 plus CE-T Python Edition OS ,but )how i think) has been installed TI-84 plus CE OS, i tried this on windows computer with official ti software, vut hove some issue, but now when i drug-drop python app to the calculator in windows get- "This is not for you, this calculator doesnt support python!", help me please what i need to do?

I would try reinstalling the os again then send over the python app. Make sure the python app and os are the same it should be 5.6 or higher for python calculators. All python calculators have 5.6 or higher and cant be downgraded.
Also, make sure to send the Python app not the PyAdaptr app.
Invalid_Jake wrote:
I would try reinstalling the os again then send over the python app. Make sure the python app and os are the same it should be 5.6 or higher for python calculators. All python calculators have 5.6 or higher and cant be downgraded.

Where i can find all versions of OS and all versions of python app (For TI-84 plus CE-T Python Edition)
Invalid_Jake wrote:

I have already tried everything, issued a turn on Amazon but while I have time until the end of the month, can I opt for a photo here?
Invalid_Jake wrote:

But python is pre-installed on TI-84 plus CE-T python OS
Can you tell us your current OS version? Press [2nd] then [+] then [1]. The OS version will look like 5.8.0.0000. Tell us what yours says. You can post a relevant photo if you think it'll help.

You can find all OS and app versions on tiplanet.org . The site is in French but you can search for the apps pretty easily. I'd recommend updating to the latest version on their site which has the latest OS and Python app: https://tiplanet.org/forum/archives_voir.php?id=2971636

In the future, please edit posts that are less than 24 hours old if nobody has replied to it. It helps keep this thread looking cleaner.
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Can you tell us your current OS version? Press [2nd] then [+] then [1]. The OS version will look like 5.8.0.0000. Tell us what yours says. You can post a relevant photo if you think it'll help.

You can find all OS and app versions on tiplanet.org . The site is in French but you can search for the apps pretty easily. I'd recommend updating to the latest version on their site which has the latest OS and Python app: https://tiplanet.org/forum/archives_voir.php?id=2971636

In the future, please edit posts that are less than 24 hours old if nobody has replied to it. It helps keep this thread looking cleaner.

TI-84 Plus CE
TheLastMillennial wrote:

I has installed .b84 archive but cant trunsfer it to the connected calculator, i using TiLP on Kali Linux,
when trying to drug-drop - nothing.May be i can transfer manually every file from .b84 archive?
Because there is no ID on the about screen, it is clear that the Certificate got wiped. The certificate contains a field which indicates that the calc has Python capabilities, without that field the calc does not know it has the hardware for python.
LogicalJoe wrote:
Because there is no ID on the about screen, it is clear that the Certificate got wiped. The certificate contains a field which indicates that the calc has Python capabilities, without that field the calc does not know it has the hardware for python.

and what to do now?
There's an unofficial tool that fixes it but it need to be updated to work on 5.8. We'll need to talk to critor and others to manage that and let you know.
If you can't wait, arrange an exchange with the shop/TI - another unit will likely not be defective as this issue seems to be very rare.
I also got the certificate wiped out while doing nothing special, just installings apps.
And indeed, after this, Python won't work anymore.

There seems to be a major bug somewhere in the OS.

I managed to fix the certificate with CerMastr, but it doesn't work with OS 5.8.
critor wrote:
I also got the certificate wiped out while doing nothing special, just installings apps.
And indeed, after this, Python won't work anymore.

There seems to be a major bug somewhere in the OS.

I managed to fix the certificate with CerMastr, but it doesn't work with OS 5.8.

And what i can do now? Sad
Adriweb wrote:
There's an unofficial tool that fixes it but it need to be updated to work on 5.8. We'll need to talk to critor and others to manage that and let you know.
If you can't wait, arrange an exchange with the shop/TI - another unit will likely not be defective as this issue seems to be very rare.

I can wait to 12/29/2022, i downloaded Cermastr 3.0, and-yes, it doesnt works on my 8.0 OS
we'll get back to you before that date
Adriweb wrote:
we'll get back to you before that date

Do you already have any idea how to solve this problem?
An idea and a solution, yes, but there's still some work to make it work on the latest version, it's not as straightforward as previous version.
Hopefully in the next few days...
Adriweb wrote:
An idea and a solution, yes, but there's still some work to make it work on the latest version, it's not as straightforward as previous version.
Hopefully in the next few days...

How to converte .8xp file to .py file or .cpp file?(Preferably in .py file)
What .8xp are you trying to run?
You can neither convert Python files to .8xp, nor convert .8xp files to Python.
You can compile .cpp files into .8xp programs, but this is a one-way process, you can't go backwards.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours