This is quite impressive
(even though the clear thing at the end isn't correct)

You can try it for yourself on the OpenAI website: https://chat.openai.com - post your best calc chats!
This is impressive I've played around with GPT3 before and had so intresting answers I look forward to see where this AI goes and how beneficial it could be. I've already heard stories of some kids who used GPT3 to do homework for them. While I dont support cheating I do find it amazing the things it can do. Very Happy
wSmiling Catw wow wow wow
ChatGPT vs halting problem.

[img]https://imgur.com/a/uBrhNWz[/img]

OpenAI writes C-like TI-BASIC:

I asked the AI to make a simple homescreen animation, and with a little bit of guidance, I now have a smiley face that moves across the screen.
Wow, this is all incredible! Wish I could give it a try, but I don't have a phone number 🤷
TIny_Hacker wrote:
Wow, this is all incredible! Wish I could give it a try, but I don't have a phone number 🤷

There are many free websites out there that offer phone number services. Very Happy
I tried to make ChatGPT be a TI-83 Plus: https://twitter.com/kermmartian/status/1599846780488785920
I got it to draw some cat faces (although technically I asked it to draw one large cat).

Also, christmas tree:

Invalid_Jake wrote:
TIny_Hacker wrote:

There are many free websites out there that offer phone number services. Very Happy

Most, if not all of those are already used for OpenAI. OpenAI doesn't allow more than one account with the same number, iirc.

I wish it was that easy, I also don't have a phone number in the supported countries, either.
Got it to write Snake in TI-Basic!

https://imgur.com/nTD5WPU

Full code:

Code:
:ClrHome
:Disp "SNAKE"
:randInt(1,8→R
:randInt(1,16→C
:0→L
:0→S
:0→D
:Repeat K=45
:getKey→K
:If K=24 and D≠2
:1→D
:End
:If K=26 and D≠1
:2→D
:If K=25 and D≠4
:3→D
:If K=34 and D≠3
:4→D
:If D=1
:C-1→C
:If C=0
:16→C
:If D=2
:R-1→R
:If R=0
:8→R
:If D=3
:C+1→C
:If C=17
:1→C
:If D=4
:R+1→R
:If R=9
:1→R
:If R=R(1) and C=C(1)
:L+1→L
:randInt(1,8→R(L+1)
:randInt(1,16→C(L+1)
:seq(sub(C(A),1,16),A,1,L→X
:seq(sub(R(A),1,8),A,1,L→Y
:Disp "SCORE:",sub(L,1,2
:Pt-Off(X(1),Y(1)
:Pt-On(X(L),Y(L)

Edit: I haven't tested it, so I'm not sure if it works
Not sure if it works, I tried to load it into jsTIfied and it seems to just display "SNAKE" and then throw an error when you press clear.

If you take even a few seconds to look at the code, you’ll realize that it won’t work because of the second End statement. The reason it crashes when you press clear is because it is exiting out of the Repeat loop and then almost immediately hits an End statement that it doesn’t know what to do with.
Wait, what's the deal with having to have a phone number?
Sure, I had to enter my phone number, but I can use the website from chat.openai.com/chat without using my phone at all.
sJRw wrote:
Sure, I had to enter my phone number, but I can use the website from chat.openai.com/chat without using my phone at all.

They are complaining that they have to have a phone number to sign up.
sJRw wrote:

You must have an account to use ChatGPT, and in order to create an account, you must have a phone number capable of receiving SMS in a supported country, and you cannot skip the phone verification. So, a phone number is an indirect requirement.
I was able to create and play a text adventure game within the AI chat itself, simply by telling it to describe a town "as it might appear in a text adventure game". From there, I asked it to detail the personalities of key townsfolk, enemies, and town shops the player might be able to discover in this town. I had it give me an inventory, which it automatically filled with things like a map, weapons, food, etc. Then I was able to talk to some townspeople, and go on a hunt which I actually earned coins from.

You can read my full chat log with the AI here for more details: https://rentry.co/4m3xx

It did eventually error out, as you see at the end of the log. I am not sure if that is a coincidence, or if the size of my imaginary world was too much to remember?

Nonetheless I am genuinely blown away by the bots capabilities. Would love to know what you all think of this!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours