Hi I have a ti 84 plus ce-t and from what I understand it has a serious ram issue. Whenever it is left alone for long periods of time it just does not turn on or turns on at shows a frozen screen showing validating os. I have tried many troubleshooting methods and have no luck. So I was wondering if texas instruments themselves would give me a replacement.
After some deliberation in chat, it was determined that, rather than a RAM issue, the battery likely died and the device either cannot turn on, or cannot write to FLASH.
I don't think it is a battery issue because the times I have been able to use it for periods much longer than an hour and even after said hours it has still been able to hold its charge. One more thing, when I try the ram test on self-test mode the calculator freezes up and then shows 'validating os' but when on this screen it just freezes up again. When this happens and you press the reset button on the back, it shuts off again and remains unresponsive.
If it's not functioning as intended and it's less than a year old, then you should definitely contact TI-Cares (or the vendor you bought from) and use your warranty to get a new one.

I don't know if this was asked in chat, but what is the date code on the back of the calculator? It'll look something like L-0519M.
I have checked the number and mine reads L-0618L
This calculator is a revision L from 2018 so TI-Cares is probably not going to bother. Revision L is slower to write to FLASH than the validation was intended for. If left on the Validating OS screen and it functions when the screen finishes, that is intended behavior.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours