http://www.brickfilms.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13971&highlight=

Please read, join if you can, and help me out here, this guy has no clue what hes talking about. And is also believing mocheeze and badspot and there lies. Please post in THAT thread, not in this one, this thread is simply to forward you to it.
I don't feel like going through the trouble of registering on yet another forum, but tell him this: even if the so-called "virus" (exploit) existed, it would only allo wyou to have run TorqueScript - not any executable!! The most any TorqueScript can do is (MAYBE) modify the .cs files - certainly not delete them. What about the RTB dso remover that renders TBM unuseable if they're installed in the same BL install?
chosen1 of Brickfilms.com wrote:
Alien Films wrote:

I just got done talking with one of the devs that I know, and he said that there has never been a problem with hacking on ethar RTB or TBM/DTB that he knows of.

The First TBM related warning on the Official Blockalnd Website wrote:
The details of the TBM exploit have been uncovered by Harold "LabRat" Brown of the Torque community.
For complete information, see this thread. ( The server that once contained the thread Crashed, losing the file )

Basically, TBM detects AiO installations and compromises them so that anyone can connect to the compromised server and then proceed to upload and execute any script they want. There are a number of things a malevolent person could do to a compromised server including overwriting all of the script files, effectively removing the entire game.

If you have installed TBM at any point in the past, I am forced to recommend that you delete your Blockland directory and re-install the game.

The Official Blockland Website wrote:

do NOT use TBM

Rumors have surfaced recently that the makers of TBM have developed scripts that will damage a users Blockland directory if they attempt to use TBM code or models in a way that they don't approve of. I questioned Rob and MCP (aka Kier) of the TBM crew about this on IRC and they admitted to developing such a script. I questioned them separately about other hacking incidents involving TBM, which they both admitted to, but they tried to pin the blame on each other. These people cannot be trusted and their mod, TBM, should be considered a security risk.

MCP has shown a tendency towards spite, vengeance and hacker ethics. I recommend you delete TBM and its auto-updater immediately.

The Exact quote.

Choose a Developer (Most probably one of the attempted hackers) or Choose the Creator. Your choice. All I know is that my Blokland got screwed after downloading it.

-Christopher

Alien Films(Me) posted on Brickfilms.com wrote:
1. "The Official Blockland Website" Blockland.us is not official. They hardly allow the discussion of other mods other than RTB because most if not all of the admins are RTB devs. The place is corrupt with RTBers, all they do is delete most post about TBM and run out the TBMers.
2. How long ago were those posted? And how long ago did you use TBM? If your talking about using TBM back in the "hacking" days and have'nt touched it since, you have no contest in this discussion. I have recently used RTB, and it screwed over my ports, I have used TBM since it came out and had no problems.
3. Have you ever had problems with other online games?

Anything could have caused the crash of your game. If your talking about back in the "hacking" days? Now hold on, let me explain this hard concept.

When a game is first released, it has whats called bugs and glitches. Anything could have made TBM to crash, especially in the TBM Beta and Alpha stages.

I have tried meeting some of the RTB members and staff, and they were all just stuck up bastards. They were not nice like those of the TBM/DTB staff and how they treated me.

If you were smart, you would know that you cant compair something from a year or two ago with something else present and be able to debate about it successfuly. Take an IQ test.

Post up the resaults please, I would love to knwo what you make on it.

KermMartian - TBM/DTB Developer wrote:
even if the so-called "virus" (exploit) existed, it would only allo wyou to have run TorqueScript - not any executable!! The most any TorqueScript can do is (MAYBE) modify the .cs files - certainly not delete them. What about the RTB dso remover that renders TBM unuseable if they're installed in the same BL install?
This just goes to show how noobs overrun all that is cool. Perhaps moving on from BL is for the better.
This is true.
Indeed. I do love being able to build and interact with a world like that though; does anyone know of a similar game out there?
ldraw of course but it isn't nearly as good, and it isn't multi player, although the bricks are a lot better.

Im sticking with TBM.
elfprince13 wrote:
ldraw of course but it isn't nearly as good, and it isn't multi player, although the bricks are a lot better.

Im sticking with TBM.
And it isn't interactive, and you can't walk, run, fly, swim, ride, and fight through your creations. And there isn't gravity, and rain, and lightning, etc etc etc etc etc.
KermMartian wrote:
Indeed. I do love being able to build and interact with a world like that though; does anyone know of a similar game out there?

GMod for HL2 - you could quite easily mod that to be with lego's aswell, as it supports scripting with Lua, so you'd just need to do a bit of script work, make some models, and create some maps (but thats a snap with the HL2 Hammer Editor and the free XSI Mod Tool 3d modeler)
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

GMod for HL2 - you could quite easily mod that to be with lego's aswell, as it supports scripting with Lua, so you'd just need to do a bit of script work, make some models, and create some maps (but thats a snap with the HL2 Hammer Editor and the free XSI Mod Tool 3d modeler)

I believe there is already a lego mod for that....I just remembered about it when you mentioned GMod
elfprince13 wrote:
I believe there is already a lego mod for that....I just remembered about it when you mentioned GMod

I wouldn't be surprised if there was. I personally like the Zombie assault where you build yourself a fort, hit a button when your ready, and get rushed by wave after wave of ever more powerful enemies, mwahahaha!
I think I saw a site about a LEGO mod, but I don't believe they ever really made progress on it. I'll have to check out this GMod.
KermMartian wrote:
I think I saw a site about a LEGO mod, but I don't believe they ever really made progress on it. I'll have to check out this GMod.

Remember, GMod requires Half-Life 2 - which is an excellent game in its own right Smile
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Remember, GMod requires Half-Life 2 - which is an excellent game in its own right Smile
I know, dude; someone installed it on most of the computers in the computer lab here, along with ut2. Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
I know, dude; someone installed it on most of the computers in the computer lab here, along with ut2. Very Happy

Yeah, but unless they have steam auto-login, or you know their password, you can't play it Razz
I think he was playing it not long ago with Harq.
You mean UT2 (I am assuming he means UT2004). In that case, yes. But I think Kllrnohj means Half-Life (Steam is for that).
Steam is needed for Half-Life 2, but not Half-Life - and yes, I was indeed referring to Half-Life 2, as that was the main subject at hand Razz
It was ut2k4 that Harq and I were playing, notHL or HL2.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours