Hey
I wanted to get my apps back and ended up installing some kind of package thingy. What I didn't know, is that it also updates the calculator. So I'm on OS 5.7 now. But the last approved is OS 5.6.1. Anything that I can do to fix it? If there really is no fix I'll have to use my friends calculator and wait for the version to get approved, but i'd rather use my own.

Anyways thanks
Stop downloading stuff from TI. There is no way to downgrade.
MateoConLechuga wrote:

Well, If I had know that I ofcourse wouldn't have downloaded it in the first place... But I'm new to this community and someone on reddit said they helped him so I came here for help... Is it really impossible to downgrade?
There might be a way to downgrade (only to 5.6.1 since that's indeed the approved one in Singapore) depending on the hardware revision of your calculator.... If it's pre-A, A, or B, just transfer the OS at the boot (OS install) screen.
Adriweb wrote:
There might be a way to downgrade (only to 5.6.1 since that's indeed the approved one in Singapore) depending on the hardware revision of your calculator.... If it's pre-A, A, or B, just transfer the OS at the boot (OS install) screen.

Uhh I don't know about the boot code... But when I bought the calc it had OS 5.4.1
What if it isn't a pre-A, A or B calc? Do I need to contact TI support or is there a way to downgrade by using a program or something?
There is no way to downgrade.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
There is no way to downgrade.

Ahh sh*t! I'll have to hit up my friend and hope they aprove the version soon. Because I'm not buying a new calc!
EDIT: Why is it imposibble? My friend downgraded his one with OS 5.6.1 When it wasn't approved yet.
ThatOneIdiot wrote:
Why is it imposibble?
It's a combination of one French teacher being a idiot on Youtube followed by TI being idiots themselves a few months later while and after watching the video.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
ThatOneIdiot wrote:
Why is it imposibble?
It's a combination of one French teacher being a idiot on Youtube followed by TI being idiots themselves a few months later while and after watching the video.

No its not. TI added downgrade protection in 5.1.5. The version in the video was 5.2.2 and it was already very outdated at the time so TI added downgrade protection before the video was released.
I believe you're thinking about the removal of asm in 5.5.1, which was likely a response to that video (a stupid one but I digress)
Anyways now you can't run native code and can't downgrade. Neutral
Yeah I was referring to the removal of ASM. I had completely forgotten that downgrade protection was added before, though.
MateoConLechuga wrote:

amen brother
Sadly, only a tiny fraction of the people who buys TI calculators are even aware that calculator forums, let alone OS anti-downgrade protection, do exist. And while a very popular model might require a website banner to warn people about the deadly dangers of upgrading, we can't just add a banner for every single ASM-blockage/anti-downgrade out there because there will be way too many and they'll be ignored.
Bad news for me my calc just randomly reset out of no where it now says please install operating system now. its a ti 84 plus ce that used to run 5.6.2 its also python edition. does anyone know where i can get a copy of 5.6.2 or what i should do next?
Luckily tiplanet archives all OS's - you can find them here: https://tiplanet.org/forum/archives_list.php?cat=OS+ce
You are a life saver thank you so much!!!! : ) Edit: I do not se 5.6 on there maybe im looking in the wrong place. Edit im an idiot i found it
How do you not see it lol.
Anyway here's the same page with additional filtering: https://tiplanet.org/forum/archives_list.php?order=hit&cat=OS+ce&multi_chaine_search=84+Plus+CE+5.6
Thanks i got it working lol still dont know why it wiped Sad

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours