Since this morning, my HP 39gs is no longer able to receive any program, even after a reset. I am using Windows XP with an USB cable. Whenever I initiate Receive on the calculator, after a few seconds I am asked to input a file name and no matter what file name I try it says file not found, even if in the connectivity kit the file is listed there. I tried entering extra zeroes, a .000 extension and tried without any of them to no avail.

I heard that HP39DIR files are supposed to solve that issue, except that when I have one in the directory where my games and files are located it gets ignored entirely by the connectivity kit and calculator, like if it didn't exist at all.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

EDIT: I haven't found a specific fix that works on all programs I've tried, but someone on Discord suggested that when receiving I choose to receive from another calc instead of the connectivity kit and somehow it actually worked better to transfer files to my calc than the other method did. However, some files still won't finish transfering, so it's possible that they were not for the 39gs. At least programs that I've made and other BASIC programs send perfectly (and faster) now. The previous method I've used took like a full minute to send one small file.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours