I am completely new to adding something top this calculator and up unit this point have just used the basic commands already loaded onto the calculator. I have recently discovered that you can add notes from a buddy but I cannot seem to get this to work.
I have an TI-84 Plus CE and I have downloaded the TI Connect CE software and I am trying to make notes through it for my calculator but I cannot figure it out. I am using a MacBook so I'm not sure if that is were my problem is coming in, but I have downloaded the software for Mac.
Whenever I make a basic few lines on the "Program Editor" and send it to my calculator, I go into programs and I see the program and click it but then it takes me to the homescree and says "prgmCHEM" and I press enter and then it gives me the ERROR: INVALID.
Im sure this is something basic but I have absolutely no experience in this and I can't seem to figure out what I am doing.

Thanks in advance for any help.
You have to go to the 'Edit' menu on the calculator when you press 'pgrm'. You can do this by pressing the right arrow key. Welcome to Cemetech by the way! Smile
Basically, what you are doing is creating a new program, but instead of putting in some code, you are just putting in your notes. When you click on the program and it brings you to the homepage, you are telling the calculator to execute that program. Since what you put in is not actual code, it throws an error. As stated above, if you would just like to use the program file as a text storage, you can just Edit it, which will allow you to see your notes.
This is what all the cool kids did in high school to cheat on exams Evil or Very Mad
Well that was pretty simple. Thanks for the quick replies.

Now to learn to actually take advantage of this little thing. Cool
Actually, is there a better program rather than the one that TI provides for this. It would be nice to use powers and the little sub-letters for some of these formulas. Or can I do that with the TI Connect CE program?
There's always this program:

https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/84pce/asm/programs/TextEditCE.zip

Since you are using a mac, you will probably need wine to run the converter program from the terminal window. You can find that here if you don't already have it: https://wiki.winehq.org/MacOS
t-mills59 wrote:

Generally, there is a pretty standard progression for students interested in learning about calculators.
Here is how it goes:
    1) They use the calculator and get familiar with how it works
    2) They store their notes in programs.
    3) They download and play games from the web.

------Point of no return, people who proceed, will go on to complete steps 4 through 6------

4) They start to program easy things in ti-basic like formula solvers (specifically the quadratic formula) that they use in class.
    5) They program more complex things like games and start looking into things like hybrid languages, shells, etc.
    6) They learn ASM and random non-calculator related languages.
At this point the progression kind of breaks down cause the students are no longer students and they either keep on learning stuff or they stop being active calculator programmers.
Yeah, I actually tried to download that program and I could seem to figure out how to get it to work. I seemed like I need to just drag and drop into the TI Connect program but it just added a bank note page to my program. Sorry, I only know pretty basic stuff when it comes to my computer. ha

I will try to figure out the other program when I get time.

Thanks
mr womp womp wrote:
t-mills59 wrote:

Generally, there is a pretty standard progression for students interested in learning about calculators.
Here is how it goes:

------Point of no return, people who proceed, will go on to complete steps 4 through 6------

4) They start to program easy things in ti-basic like formula solvers (specifically the quadratic formula) that they use in class.
    5) They program more complex things like games and start looking into things like hybrid languages, shells, etc.
At this point the progression kind of breaks down cause the students are no longer students and they either keep on learning stuff or they stop being active calculator programmers.

OMG so true... Except I did the latter half of step 6 first, and completely missed steps 1-3.
mr womp womp wrote:
t-mills59 wrote:

Here is how it goes:

And this is how I came to/am learning different programming languages. Very Happy
hi all,
i have a TI-84 CE-T python edition. I tried putting textEditCE on my calculator, but it wont work.
installing went as it should and when I start the editor it crashes.
my question: is there gonna be a text editor for the python edition calculator that is as good as the current one or should I try to downgrade the calculator?
nigell wrote:
hi all,
i have a TI-84 CE-T python edition. I tried putting textEditCE on my calculator, but it wont work.
installing went as it should and when I start the editor it crashes.
my question: is there gonna be a text editor for the python edition calculator that is as good as the current one or should I try to downgrade the calculator?

Hi nigeli,

Assembly programs are not available for the TI 84 Plus CE-T Python Edition. If you can return it, you should look for a TI 84 Plus CE-T. This model supports programs like TextEditCE, albeit with a jailbreak.

...or you can run BasicNote CE. http://ceme.tech/DL1785
For a TI-Basic based solution, there's also the online zText editor.
mr womp womp wrote:
This is what all the cool kids did in high school to cheat on exams Evil or Very Mad

When someone in my chemistry class brought up calculator programming for a test, my teacher said that if your smart enough to put all the formula's on your calculator, then you should be smart enough to pass his exams anyways. So, in spite of several student protests, I and a couple other students were able to flaunt our incredible ability to scrap together and store a bunch of equations in one place. Laughing
mr womp womp wrote:
t-mills59 wrote:

Here is how it goes:

I happened to do all of the steps out of order. I spent almost two years getting cracked at TI-BASIC and being vaguely aware that there were some high up programs, and learned some other languages, and then, late one night, I uploaded Cesium (*mind blown*). I then downloaded ICE, and my life has never been the same since. (Sadly, the C compiler has not nearly been so straightforward.)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours