What was the best completed project of March 2021?
Oregon Trail 1975 Port to 83/84+
 45%  [ 5 ]
Designer
 54%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 11

Welcome back to another PotM! As usual we're a bit behind, but let's get into the projects from March 2021!

• A Cemetech/Texas Instruments manga!: Wavejumper3 has created some art for his project this month, featuring references to assembly, mr womp womp, and more.
  • Alien Breed 5 Episode III: Impact: After over 3 years of inactivity, Cemetech member JamesV has returned to his top-down shooter game with some exciting updates! This includes new tileset variations, palette changes, and much more behind the scenes stuff for an overall very impressive looking game! Be sure to check it out!

• Banchor: Legend of the Hellspawn (TI-84+CE): JamesV has continued work on his colorful update to Banchor. This month, James has made a lot of graphical updates, updated boss AIs, implemented difficulty levels, and more. The update is released, so be sure to give it a try! Here's a fun screenshot:

• BasicNote CE Progress Thread: This month, Cemetech member Michael2_3B has resumed work on his TI-Basic note program, announcing that he will be making a big update with bug fixes and new features, such as pinned notes, encryption, duplication, date & time metadata, and more. Sounds impressive so far!
  • BOS (OS+ROM) for CEmu: beckadamtheinventor has made several fixes and improvements to his custom OS+ROM for CEmu this month, even including a pre-release! The entire project is open-source as well if you are interested.
  • BTD Remake: Frederik has announced that he is making a balloons tower defense remake! It looks pretty good so far, go show some support!
  • Designer bug report: Frederik has been working on an on-calc sprite editor! They have fixed some bugs, made it smaller, and have been releasing updates, so go check it out if you love creating sprites!

• Gouraud Shading Routine for CE (plus plans for the future): Zaalane has been making a shading program for the CE, including texture mapping, 3d primitive routines, and more! Be sure to take a look!

• Oregon Trail 1975 Port to 83/84+: Cemetech member NoahK has completed a directly translated port of the Oregon Trail 1975 game to the 83/84+ calculators! It even works on the CE! Be sure to go download it and try it out!
  • PI-84 Plus C Banana Edition: TheLastMillennial has announced a new hardware project, in which they will take a broken TI-84 Plus (CSE) and replace the internals with a Raspberry Pi. It sounds very interesting, be sure to go show some support!
  • TheButton2: _iPhoenix_ has released an entirely new version of his popular browser game, TheButton! If you want to compete for time on TheButton, click the link in the thread!
  • Ti-84CE On calc ez80: Cemetech member zeldaking has started creating an on-calc ez80 editor for the CE! It looks pretty spiffy so far, so if you enjoy ez80, check this one out!

• X-Wing 2.1 - Revival: This month, Oxiti8 has completed and released his 3D Star Wars game for the 83/84+ monochrome calculators! The final update added the T-70 X-Wing and brought down the file size. This game looks like a lot of fun, so go give it a try!

Thank you for reading, and be sure to vote for your favorite completed project in the poll!
Great work on these posts Michael2_3B!
Is this 2021 or 2022?
S/jr/W wrote:
Is this 2021 or 2022?

2021. We are behind by a year.
This reminds me that I haven't worked on my project in a year Sad
I wasn't happy with a bunch of the base code, and so I rewrote the editor from the ground up and still have it sitting in a folder calling my name.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours