My goal is using an external keyboard on my TI-84 Plus.

When I install usb8x on my TI-84 Plus, it loses the ability to connect to the computer. Clearing all memory banks of the calculator (effectively uninstalling usb8x) restores the ability.

Not sure why this happens. Old forum posts about usb8x do not mention this bug at all.
Happens in both TiLP (Ubuntu 20.04) and TI Connect (Windows 7).

Specs:
    TI-84 Plus Silver Edition
    usb8x 0.12
    Sony Vaio Fit with two USB3 and two USB2 ports

Not sure how to proceed, a considerable amount of googling didn't turn up any mention of this behavior.

Help needed and appreciated!
Are you able to tell us what OS version you are running on your calculator and also what keyboard? Is it just a generic USB keyobard?

Also when you say external keyboard, is it for all tasks or a specific task or app?
tr1p1ea wrote:
Are you able to tell us what OS version you are running on your calculator and also what keyboard? Is it just a generic USB keyobard?

Also when you say external keyboard, is it for all tasks or a specific task or app?

Calculator OS is 2.55 MP.

Keyboard is a basic generic USB keyboard.

But it’s not the calculator’s ability to connect to the keyboard that is the issue.

The issue is that the moment I install the usb8x driver on the calculator, it stops being recognized by my computer. This makes any file fransfers between my computer and TI-84 impossible.
Polite bump. I'd like to know how to proceed with troubleshooting this.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours