I wanted to go to the Google Play store today, and the Wabbitemu app just wasn't there. I went to the GitHub releases page, and it told me to click the Play Store link. And... nothing. Was it the legal dispute about the ROM generation that caused it to be deleted? Will I ever see Wabbitemu return to the Play Store again?
I'd guess it hit some cutoff for being too old or otherwise doing things that were deprecated and was delisted, but without any commentary from Spencer (I see somebody else filed an issue about this in December) it's hard to say.

I had a copy on my phone that came off the Play Store so I've mirrored it to archive.org.
Play store requires builds to be targetting a certain minimum apk level I believe - perhaps it fell behind.
tr1p1ea wrote:
Play store requires builds to be targetting a certain minimum apk level I believe - perhaps it fell behind.

Yeah I also suspect this is why it was delisted as well.
DELETED.
Quote:
Not surprised since it contains illegal copies of images of TI calculators

This is flat-out wrong and you don't know what you are talking about.
Indeed it definitely does not contain any of TI's code or ROM images - in fact you need to supply your own ROM image for it to work.

That is a good point though as I'm sure it would be available on alternative app stores such as Aptoide.

Also tari appears to have uploaded the most recent version or archive.org: https://archive.org/details/wabbitemu-apk-1.06.6
DELETED.
OK that is using an open source boot code while downloading TI's official OS from their website - however this is an action that the user completes on their own after installing WabbitEmu. So there is none of TI's code inside the APP itself, if that makes sense.
[DELETED
As a developer is it ethical to leave a 'loophole" just for you in case of anything?
JolantaAgata wrote:
As a developer is it ethical to leave a 'loophole" just for you in case of anything?

Depends what you are working on.
DELETED
DELETED
Jay67 wrote:
The administrator can sensor information here by "elided" it, but you can easily find it by searching with Firefox, or Chrome like I did. And it's NOT on the dark Web. If anyone wants the senserd information email me at jefferyjay68b54@duck.com. FREE SPEECH!

By using this site, you've already agreed to the site rules as well. You should give them a read Smile

Also, it should be obvious to you why an admin would want to keep stuff that is (for the most part) illegal off of the website. It's not an intrusion on your rights, because you already agreed to that when you signed up for the site. If you can't stand that, you should find somewhere else to go Smile

Site Rules wrote:
Behavior that we find inappropriate, whether listed in the code of conduct or not, is also not allowed.

If someone takes issue with something you said or did, resist the urge to be defensive. Just stop doing what it was they complained about and apologize. Even if you feel you were misinterpreted or unfairly accused, chances are good there was something you could have communicated better. You will find that people will be eager to assume good intent and forgive as long as you earn their trust.
TIny_Hacker wrote:
Jay67 wrote:
The administrator can sensor information here by "elided" it, but you can easily find it by searching with Firefox, or Chrome like I did. And it's NOT on the dark Web. If anyone wants the senserd information email me at jefferyjay68b54@duck.com. FREE SPEECH!

By using this site, you've already agreed to the site rules as well. You should give them a read Smile

Yea I get the feeling many people have come to see "free speech" as this catch all that allows them to do whatever they want regardless of rules. Free speech only protects you from the government, it does not mean you can come onto a private service owned by a private entity and just do whatever you want without regard for their rules and the agreement you made to abide by them when you registered. You have to follow rules, and those rules exist for good reason...

For example, it is a violation of (I think copyright?) law to distribute or host ROM images derived from copyrighted, closed source stuff. The owner of the media the ROM is derived from can (and has in the past) pursue legal action against an entity hosting that source. Consequently the admins of this site have, not just the right but also the obligation, to remove any content that may land themselves in legal hot water.

Jay67 wrote:
And to the jerk that thought I didn't know what I was talking about :BITE ME.

Most community-made emulators work by making you produce a ROM image from your own device, they do not embed ROMs directly. But to the point, calling people jerks and telling them to bite you isn't exactly how you get people to want to help you.
I get it. Didn't read the site rules. Just wanted to share some information I found about wabbitemu. After I lost it on my device and couldn't find it again on the play store I found the APK, but when I choose "Help me create a ROM using open source software" it gave the notice "Unable to download OS download web page". I had no ability to download a rom image from my calculator so I did a Google search and found a site that had a rom image of my calculator and several others. I assumed that they were open source just like wabbitemu used. And frankly, does the site administrator, who saw the site I was trying to share, known they were not open source? And if they are not, then why is the site still on the open web if it is supplying illegal roms?
Jay67 wrote:
so I did a Google search and found a site that had a rom image of my calculator and several others. I assumed that they were open source just like wabbitemu used. And frankly, does the site administrator, who saw the site I was trying to share, known they were not open source? And if they are not, then why is the site still on the open web if it is supplying illegal roms?

It's possible. It's also possible that they know and plan to keep them there until they get a DMCA. If you do some digging (or ask in SAX), I'm sure someone will tell you the legend of TI and the signing key DMCA. But do keep in mind it always best to generate a ROM using your own physical device.
Perhaps some one might find this usefull. The wabbitemu apk can be found from Uptodown and APKPure, free. Install with APK Installer from Google play store, also free Graph 89 Free (old version, hasn't been updated since 2013 and may not work on your device) only supports TI-89 and TI-89 Titanium. Very few options to customize, can't import app files. Graph 89 (with TI84 support) is the paid version ($3.75) but it supports all the types of calculators wabbitemu does, plus TI89, ti89t, and TI92 Plus and Voyage 200. Unfortunately this emulator hasn't been updated since 2013 either. But it works for me on my Samsung galaxy tab s7 FE, android 12, 12.4 inch screen. And I obtained the ROM LEGALLY! Had a computer geek friend extract the image from my old V200, which I can no longer use because of my eyesight. Works great! And I deleted some flash apps that I didn't use and installed a few from a TI Education website that I wanted. Just download the .9xk files to a folder that the app can access, and it did the rest. You can also find .8xk apps for the "TI-83 Plus and TI-84 Plus Families". Go to "https://education.ti.com/download" Apps and OS Download Instructions, Tap Check out the App & OS Versions. Search products >, Technology "select, view ALL, Find>>>.. I hope you find this information helpful. P. S. All the above applies only to android devices, which are what I have.
Jay67 wrote:
Graph 89 (with TI84 support) is the paid version ($3.75)...

If you install F-Droid (free), then you can install Graph 89 (with TI84 support) for free. This is not illegal, because the creator of the app put it on F-Droid themselves.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours