Why is no one talking about OS 5.7? It is out on both the US and France websites. I searched on Cemetech, and this would be the first post about it.
TI-Planet had a news about it https://tiplanet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25320 . It removes the ability to rename your calculator in the About screen using CERMASTR. This can be annoying if you wanna protect your calc from theft.
I'm confused by that post due to this sentence:

Can someone explain this?
What do you want explained? You can put a TI-83 Premium CE OS on a TI-84+CE. No, we won't tell you how, you have to figure it out yourself.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
What do you want explained? You can put a TI-83 Premium CE OS on a TI-84+CE. No, we won't tell you how, you have to figure it out yourself.

I was not aware of that possibility, so therefore I was confused. Alright, I shall figure this out.
Having an article about 5.7 on Cemetech certainly seems de rigeur, although from reading critor's post, it doesn't seem like there's anything other than incremental improvements and incremental lockdowns.
In the OS itself, indeed, just a few relatively minor things to talk about.
The more numerous improvements/additions are in the apps, particularly Python.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours