It seems like when I was testing my RPG game, something happened where the VAT / Symbol Table got completely messed up. When I left the game, it could not find my AppVar "EliminaS." I looked at the game's RAM, and indeed, there's corrupt data in the Symbol Table. But after resetting the calculator, it found the variable. What routine can I call to repair the Symbol Table?
There's no such thing. It was restored because the entry still existed in the archive - the symbol table is rebuilt from the archive on a ram reset.

Don't screw up or corrupt memory.
A stack overflow could explain the corruption.

I would love to have the time to write a VAT rebuilder...
However, in case it's useful to you, i recently wrote a VAT checker.
the_mad_joob wrote:
A stack overflow could explain the corruption.

I would love to have the time to write a VAT rebuilder...
However, in case it's useful to you, i recently wrote a VAT checker.

That would be my guess too. Thank you for your offer to give me the VAT checker, but in my case, it's simple enough to check for errors using the debugger.

EDIT: Yes, it was a stack overflow. The "GOTOMAP" in my scripting language didn't do a good job of returning the stack pointer to its previous location. That's a quick fix.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours