Download Link

Description
Snake++ is my first game for the TI-84 Plus CE calculators using C++. Snake++ has three game modes, classic, wrap, and winged. Classic mode is where you collect "apples" and die when you hit any wall or yourself. Wrap mode is the same as Classic mode, but instead of hitting walls, you go to the other side. Winged mode is like Classic mode, but the apple moves diagonally and bounces off the walls.

Progress
Classic Mode 100%
Wrap Mode 100%
Winged Mode 100%
Portal Mode 0%
UI 80%
Serialize UI 10%
Add Sprites to Snake & Background 0%
Add Score Screen and UI 0%
Settings 0%
Store (for powerups and customization) 0%

Latest Screenshots

Classic Mode

Wrap Mode

Winged Mode

Thank you for your support and feedback on this project![url]
This looks really neat! Great job! Very Happy
Looks very nice. Perhaps add some difficulty settings, such as apple speed in winged mode, a wrapping toggle, snake speed, apple speed boost, amount of length added by each apple, and so on and so forth, with respective score bonuses and/or maluses (yes, that’s a thing), a leaderboard (arcade-style, much like in Patrick Davidson’s Calcuzap and CMonster), and perhaps unlockable snake colors, background colors, and apple colors that serve as achievements (much like Epsilon5’s Hue and HailStorm)

Feel free to use any of these ideas. You don’t have to if you don’t want to, but I would like to be credited if you do ;P

(you don’t have to lol i would just like it if you did)
darkwater4213 wrote:
Looks very nice. Perhaps add some difficulty settings, such as apple speed in winged mode, a wrapping toggle, snake speed, apple speed boost, amount of length added by each apple, and so on and so forth, with respective score bonuses and/or maluses (yes, that’s a thing), a leaderboard (arcade-style, much like in Patrick Davidson’s Calcuzap and CMonster), and perhaps unlockable snake colors, background colors, and apple colors that serve as achievements (much like Epsilon5’s Hue and HailStorm)

Feel free to use any of these ideas. You don’t have to if you don’t want to, but I would like to be credited if you do ;P

(you don’t have to 0x5 i would just like it if you did)

I planned on doing a lot of these ideas in the progress.

Quote:
Add Score Screen and UI 0%
Settings 0%
Store (for powerups and customization) 0%

Quote:
maluses (yes, that’s a thing)

What are maluses?

Thanks for the feedback!
RedSpacePanda wrote:
What are maluses?

Basically, the opposite of a bonus is a malus -- bad instead of good.

So on hard mode, a game might give you a score bonus. On easy mode, it might give you a score malus. Pretty straightforward.

Understandable that you've never heard of it before -- the only place that I can think of that I've seen it used where someone might actually see it is in the Ticket to Ride: Europe instruction manual. It's an obscure enough word that even Google doesn't recognize it! (Grammarly does though. I think.)
Hey, looking sharp. Smile
I was wondering if there was a public repository holding your code. I would love to take a peek at some toolchain implementation for C++.

Keep up the good work!
I like the winged mode, that looks very interesting. Would be good to see how you've structured the code if that is something you're interested in releasing.

This will be a good example for those that prefer C++ to prove that it's viable.
Cool job so far! The winged mode looks fun, and I like the idea of buying power-ups from the store. Good luck with finishing this!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours