Hello Cemetech community! I used to use this site a lot back in the years of my early education, but it's been a while. I'm returning because I'm beginning my computer science degree and I'm realizing that I need some things to work on to help myself learn more outside of the classroom. I'm generally not a very creative person, and coming up with things to build myself that are both interesting/useful enough but also within my skill ability is very difficult. I was wondering if anyone is working on any projects or knows of any open source projects or things like that that I could help contribute to. I am still very much a beginner, honestly the language that I have probably spent the most time programming in is TI-BASIC but I am fairly proficient in java and I'm learning C++ now for college. I've used others, like python, and I konw other languages aren't too hard for me to pick up when just doing beginner stuff. I've passed plenty of programming courses on websites like SoloLearn, but those don't seem to help me much. I want to work on something real, but I don't know where to go.
I'm thinking about getting into ICE, because then I can apply the C that I'm learning to a platform that I'm familiar with, but I'm terribly unfamiliar with sprites and graphics.
Does anyone have any directions they could point me in, or any projects (web development, basic app developent, etc) that I could help work on?
The CE C/C++ Toolchain allows writing C/C++ code that can run on the CE: https://ce-programming.github.io/toolchain/master/index.html
I would recommend learning Javascript on Khan Academy. JS is really user-friendly and you can instantly see your code run without having to compile and make a makefile, and it is more forgiving than C. Also, it works the same on all devices, and is easier to read, write, and understand.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
The CE C/C++ Toolchain allows writing C/C++ code that can run on the CE: https://ce-programming.github.io/toolchain/master/index.html

This is excellent, I'll definitely start getting into this.

randomguy wrote:
I would recommend learning Javascript on Khan Academy. JS is really user-friendly and you can instantly see your code, and it is more forgiving than C. Also, it works the same on all devices, and is easier to read, write, and understand.

Javascript is great! I've learned a little bit but I should probably brush up on it. Thanks!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours