Hello, I have recently gotten a ti 84 plus python, and would like to jailbreak it. The only problem is I can't use exe or msi files due to admin permissions on my windows laptop. Also, I was able to get a program called ti coder, and it worked. So is there a linking program that is just an application and will work with my calculator? I would really appreciate the help!
TIlp is your only alternative, however I believe it also needs admin privileges. Your best bet is to use a school or friend's computer and send over a program called Transfer. Once you have Transfer on your calculator, you can use the calculator similar to a flash drive so no special software is required. I made a tutorial on this not long ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_RAUtzDnvc
Okay, I'll try using a different device and get that program. Thanks for the reply!
Ok, so I was able to use a different laptop and use Ti connect CE. And I came across another issue when i installed transfer. It said an error when I tried to run it, saying something about the "library." After some research I found that I needed to download the current "CE C 'standard library'." After doing so it still didn't work. Even though it was the latest version, 9.0 clibs. Am I missing something?
The release page for Transfer says you need to download the nightly build of the usbdrvce branch C libraries. These are separate from the regular C libraries, since USB support is still experimental.
Okay, I'll try that, appreciate it!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours