I'm just starting programming with the TI-84.

I'm using external keyboard with Cemu key bindings for faster code entry.

Is there a doc available that displays all the selections under each key?

For instance, under the MATH key the selections (along the top) are:
MATH NUM CMPLX....
and under each one of the above selections there's additional selections that are labelled 1: 2:..etc.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Not that I know of. If you don't know where to find a specific functions, press [2nd]>[0] then search for it in the catalog. TI Basic Dev will tell you what menu every command is under: http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/command-index

What does this have to do with TI Basic Screen Captures?
In the back of the TI-83 manual (maybe 84+/SE?) there's a thing that lists all menus and everything in each menu. It should be pretty similar to the TI-84 Plus CE if that's what you're using.

Edit:
It looks like this:
I heard that there's basic syntax highlighting available for a few code editors (sublime text is one of these, I think). How about you just use that, and send it to CEmu instead of laboriously typing out the code in CEmu itself? Also, this is just my opinion, but I think C is way better than TI Basic, and C & C++ certainly allow larger, faster, more powerful, smarter, more readable, and more complex programs.
randomguy...I'm new to ti-84PlusCE and gathering info.

If I can use C or something other language over Basic I'm open to that.

I was under the impression with the PlusCE does not support code developemnt with C...am I wrong?
You are right and wrong about that. TI removed the ability to run C programs last year in OS 5.5 or above. You can still run C programs just fine though if you have an older OS or if you install a jailbreak on your calculator.
jackmanjls wrote:
I was under the impression with the PlusCE does not support code developemnt with C...am I wrong?

There is the CE C Toolchain available here: https://ce-programming.github.io/toolchain/index.html
If you're trying to program TI-BASIC for the TI-84 Plus CE, I also have to recommend SourceCoder, right here on Cemetech: http://sc.cemetech.net
When using CE C Toolchain I took the HelloWorld example did a make and downloaded to my TI84Plus CE with OS 5.6.0.

The download worked using TIConnect but I can't find the file under PRGM (as I expected b/c of OS 5.6.0).

Under my PGRM key the first selection is: 1. TI-Basic and 2. Python App.

Is there any route to get to my file?

Any suggestions?
Go in the first choice, TI-Basic.
It'll be listed there even though it's not Basic.

That said, on OS 5.6 and later, you'll need to have arTIfiCE + Cesium/AsmHook in order to be able to run asm programs.
Adriweb...my dilemma is that I'm trying to develop a simple way for 8-9th grade kids to get some simple programming experience. Simplicity is my initial goal.

I want to program simple linear, quadratic and exponential equations. These are probably going to be 15-25 lines of simple code.

After looking at several possibilities I've decided to go with Python. Programs would be developed in an external editor (Mu, Notepad++ or VSC), verified and then downloaded to the 84. Even this approach is not as clean cut as I would like but at this point it's the best option.

If you have any suggestions that would be appreciated.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours