Is there any way to call into Lua from TI-Basic?
I'm trying to get the Product ID of TI-Nspire, but it looks like it's not possible to get the Product ID using TI-Basic. However, it's possible with Lua through the platform library like so,
Code:
platform.getDeviceID()
Any way to call a function from Lua that returns the Product ID using TI-Basic? Or can I get the Product ID using TI-Basic by itself?

Thanks. Smile
btw, can Python get the Product ID just like Lua?
It's probably not what you'll expect but... 9 years ago I wrote that: https://groups.google.com/g/nspirescripting/c/38jxzUZ8Aa8/m/0-BVkiRhXsEJ

Download: https://www.mirari.fr/wKab
That's Awesome!
From my understanding, the code is recalling the var, "thefunc", and executing the string as a script. Then, the output is displayed on the page designated for Lua. Any way we can modify this so it returns the Product ID to TI-Basic?
Not really. You can make Lua store the ID into a variable that basic can use/read but that's async, which isn't how basic works. And anyway that variable could be changed by the user anyway I guess.
Maybe you can try to have a split screen thing where Lua stores the value in the variable, while also monitoring it to re-store it upon change. This would happen before a basic program gets launched by the user anyway so it might be sufficient

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours