Hello --

I picked up a TI-84+ CE over the weekend (came with OS 5.3.1.0050 on it, so still able to run asm code on it) and I've been playing with TI-BASIC again for the first time in over 20 years. I was attempting to port over some of my old TI-82 code and one thing I can't figure out for the life of me is how to get the Shade() command to do solid shading from within BASIC. Is there some option that I need to set to get it to do solid shading? Also is there anyway (from either within BASIC directly or via assembly) to set the default color for Shade? It feels rather wasteful to have to specify Xmin, Xmax, a seemingly non-working pattern and resolution value and the color on each call.

Thanks!
dennis
When you say solid, are you referring to not being able to get it to shade at all, or the fact that there are gaps in the shading? (Likely done for performance reasons).

What are you porting over if you don't mind me asking?
tr1p1ea wrote:
When you say solid, are you referring to not being able to get it to shade at all, or the fact that there are gaps in the shading? (Likely done for performance reasons).

What are you porting over if you don't mind me asking?

Yes, the gaps is what I’m talking about specifically. Is there a way to disable that?

As far as the code, just some of my old code from the 82 that used the Shade command to do some drawing. Nothing spectacular, though I do plan to port over a few of my TI-BASIC games when I get the chance. Unfortunately, I’ve lost a lot of the code I wrote during that time. But I do have a few printouts here that I can work off of.
It appears that you can use an additional argument to specify the pattern you wish to use for the shading.
Even though there is a way to lower the spacing between each line in the shade, it cannot be lower than 1. So, you can't do a totally solid shade with the Shade( command. Also, there is an additional argument to set what color it shades in. You can see the arguments for the command by hitting [+] when selecting it in the draw menu. It'd probably just be best to use a For( loop and a Line( to do solid shading in TI-BASIC for the CE.
TIny_Hacker wrote:
It appears that you can use an additional argument to specify the pattern you wish to use for the shading.

Unfortunately these parameters seem to do nothing in regards to the pattern. I've tried a bunch already, they all yield the same results. And as RoccoLox said above, you also cannot set the spacing to lower than 1. I guess I'm gonna have to drop down to assembly here to do what I want Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours