Hi,

My TI-84 plus silver edition is currently unresponsive. It can be turned on and the cursor blinks, however no buttons are responsive.
I have tried removing batteries etc, installed the latest OS using a computer and the “RAM cleared” message pops up but then goes back to the blinking cursor.

Any ideas?
You have something stuck in the link port -- or one of the calculator keys is depressed.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
You have something stuck in the link port

If what Mateo said is true, the cursor should be blinking more slowly, and keeping a key pressed for a few seconds (like 4) should still register it.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
You have something stuck in the link port -- or one of the calculator keys is depressed.

I think this might be the case. The 2nd function does keep popping up on the cursor. The last time I used it a couple of weeks ago, I vaguely remember the 2nd function randomly coming on.

What would you recommend? Taking the back off and having a look?
You could also try taking off the faceplate if your TI-84 Plus SE has one, and seeing if it looks like the second key is stuck down somehow.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours