Hello, I created a program named Folders.
If you have any suggestions or if you find bugs, please post it.

(I don't think folders are useless Wink)
What does the Folders program do? I agree that folders aren't useless but we'll have to make sure that Mateo doesn't see this topic... Razz

EDIT:
We can't allow Logical on this thread either since he appears to be anti-folders as well.
The Folders are programs, they're not real folders, but they can be used instead of them.
You can create a "Folder" which you can pack and unpack by executing the "Folder".

THIS IS LITERALLY THE BEST THING ANYONE HAS MADE IN THE PAST YEAR!!!!!!!
Actually, though, I really like this idea! It definitely will make cesium more functional for me Razz
This is actually not bad Razz. Keep the good work!!
This is a quite.... genius implementation! Keep up the good work Frederik Smile
Awesome work Smile Now I don't have to do anything! Very Happy
So I tried this on my calculator but I don't think it's working properly. First, I can't seem to select any programs to put in a new folder, nor can I create any new folders. Also, the colors of each little box (the ones that you can tick on/off) are all different and don't seem to correspond. Also, when I scroll down very far I see a line of corrupted characters.
That´s strange, because I haven´t these bugs...
Do you have the latest cLibs?

To select files, press enter or 2nd, after that the right arrow, enter the name and press enter or 2nd.
If your Folder is too big or when the name already exists, it won´t work.
(The colors are different between programs, protected programs, appvars, and groups)

EDIT: The Last line could be a file; that happened to me too (the ! and #).
The line of corrupted characters isn't the ! and the #, it's a very long string of weird glitched symbols.
TIny_Hacker wrote:
The line of corrupted characters isn't the ! and the #, it's a very long string of weird glitched symbols.

I had the same issue a while back ... Just make sure you're not displaying "!" or "#" as a program.

Does this only work with cesium?
Alvajoy123 wrote:
TIny_Hacker wrote:

I had the same issue a while back ... Just make sure you're not displaying "!" or "#" as a program.

Does this only work with cesium?

No. According to this screenshot from the downloads on Cemetech it works in the programs menu too:
Hello, I'm programming a new version of Folders, where it doesn't care if files are missing when the folders are repacked.
I've also found that groups in folders cause errors, so I'll leave them out, and I'll hide "!" and "#", hopefully there will be no more bugs then... (I still don't understand why it works for me and for some others not Sad )

Do you have any suggestions for the new version?
Frederik wrote:
Hello, I'm programming a new version of Folders, where it doesn't care if files are missing when the folders are repacked.
I've also found that groups in folders cause errors, so I'll leave them out, and I'll hide "!" and "#", hopefully there will be no more bugs then... (I still don't understand why it works for me and for some others not Sad )

Do you have any suggestions for the new version?

Implement displaying program icons (if there is any) and display the size of each program. uhh, Also changeable folder icons.

I think those would be some useful/fun features!! Smile
Alvajoy123 wrote:
Implement displaying program icons (if there is any) and display the size of each program. uhh, Also changeable folder icons.

Thank you for your ideas; for the folder icons, how would you mark whether a folder is packed or unpacked? (I thought about copying part of an icon from the folder into the folder icon)

Does anyone know how I can read icons the best way? I noticed that it is not always in the same position, but starts after 16,16 ...
Frederik wrote:
Alvajoy123 wrote:

Thank you for your ideas; for the folder icons, how would you mark whether a folder is packed or unpacked? (I thought about copying part of an icon from the folder into the folder icon)

Does anyone know how I can read icons the best way? I noticed that it is not always in the same position, but starts after 16,16 ...

There is are 2 types of ways to read a program, and it solely depends on the program type. NOS, BOS, and XENON implements these 2 ways.

Code from Xenon "ICE":

Code:
Lbl ICONDISPLAY
sum(0)
If [Med]PROGRAM,"N/A")
If TYPE=0 and ICONT=1
sum(2,PROGRAM,"r",5)->SLOT
sum(10,6,0,SLOT)
0->TILE
ICONX->XINIT
For(ICONLOOP,1,256,1)
   TILE+1->TILE
   sum(6,SLOT)->ICONCHAR
   *{COLORS+ICONCHAR-48-7*(ICONCHAR>58)}->ICONCOLOR
   det(2,ICONCOLOR)
   det(36,ICONX,ICONY,XSCALE,YSCALE
   If TILE=16
   ICONY+YSCALE->ICONY
   XINIT-XSCALE->ICONX
   0->TILE
End
ICONX+XSCALE->ICONX
End
sum(3,SLOT)
End
If TYPE=1 and ICONT=1
sum(2,PROGRAM,"r",6)->S
sum(18,S)->P
sum(3,S)
[Sigmay]ICON+2,P+10,256)
det(62,ICON,ICONX,ICONY,XSCALE,YSCALE)
End
End
Return
Thank you Smile , I think I also found a good way:
Code:
iFolders
Alloc(258)→ICON    // allocates ram for the icon sprite

Lbl GET ICON
CloseAll()
OpenVar(„NAME“,“r“,TYPE)
0→A
For(B,0,9)      // searches in the 10 first bytes for 16,16
If GetChar(1)=16:If GetChar(1)=16
9→A→B
End:End
End

If A=9:16→*{ICON}→*{ICON+1}  // saves the icon if one is found
Read(ICON+2,256,1,1)
Else
0→*{ICON}  // stores 0 otherwise
End
Return

And how should the user change the folder icon? (Just choosing an Icon of one program in the folder, or creating a new one, ...)
Frederik wrote:
And how should the user change the folder icon? (Just choosing an Icon of one program in the folder, or creating a new one, ...)

I think the best option is creating a new one, if they want to.
Alvajoy123 wrote:
Frederik wrote:

I think the best option is creating a new one, if they want to.

Possibly using Designer to generate a string and pasting it in?
Frederik wrote:
I still don't understand why it works for me and for some others not Sad

Welcome to the wonderful world of troubleshooting issues! I commend your commitment to ensuring the best experience even if you aren’t seeing those bugs first hand.

This is a great project and I will jump on that “Folders are amazing” bandwagon, because they truly are!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours