Quote:
What is ASM?

Quote:
No, seriously, I do know, but I have no clue as to how to program for it, which is why I picked up this project, it can be used in BASIC, which I would like to think I am very good at. I already have the chip, programmer, and everything(almost) I need, so I don't really want to tinker with the design.

But the problem is with the design because it doesn't work; we would have to re-design (and by the looks of it, I really don't think you're up to the challenge just yet; but if you really want to make a serious go at it, check out my TUTORIALS topic and take a crash course in electronics and embedded design Wink)
That's the thing...others have gotten it to work. I think if you added a few caps to smooth out the transfer it would probably help the chance of transfer failure to go down.
See? We do have to change the design; the component placement is mega-screwed; and it needs to be fixed...hell, we might get away with not having to mess with any code Very Happy
Well, I can solder fairly well, but I don't quite understand the circuit designs. Maybe you can update the circuit and I could build it?
Laughing I did update the schematics one time, but I never tested them...I'll dig them out Friday and see where I left off (I'll probably have to do some major rework though; they're my notes from over two years ago Shock)
get on aim
Im on AIM
Not tonight...I have 2 essays, a research packet, and 2 tests tomorrow. And I've had to rewrite an essay from scratch already, so I'm a little pushed on time tonight... I'll try tomorrow, but don't count on it. I'll definetaly be on Friday.
Ok.
You can chat with me about it. Netham45
Well, I just finished most of the circuitry of the parallel port card reader to program the card from the computer. All I need to do is connect the parallel port connector and glue a few things in place. I'll try to get a picture tomorrow.
netham45 wrote:
You can chat with me about it. Netham45

Why? So he can become even stupider? You already admited having no idea how to do this, so stfu and stay banned
Kllr:I asked to chat with him because he obviously knows mre than me on the subject, and I was hoping that I could learn some stuff from him.
After sacrificing my adapter because I worked so hard on it and did something wrong, I am going to buy a reader...I'll update when I get it if I do.
If it's a PIC programmer you're trying to build, build a JDM programmer (although you said that you have a PIC programmer, right?)

If it's a reader for a PS memory card, have you taken a look at the playsaver interface? (Actually, there's another PS memory card reader out there, but I can't remember where it is...oh, and I've invented my own personnal one called Ice Write, but no one seemed to bother to care when I released it...)
You created Ice Write? I saw a topic on it when searching about pixpand...it sounded to me like you already have a working design. I tried a playsaver...that's what I screwed up on. YGPM
Quote:
You created Ice Write? I saw a topic on it when searching about pixpand...

Yes, my design works, and it uses this really obscure program to operate it (I didn't write the software for it; only designed the hardware)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours