So, after seeing Sami's project that looked relatively simple to make, and it features removeable storage, and it is already compatible with the TI-OS with no program, I started looking around, and what do you know, my dad has a p16pro40 programmer and a pic16f84-04/p chip! So now, I might try to build one. Also, seeing as you can read/write a psx card with a computer interface...this is an interesting idea. If I made a working adapter and bought a memory card, would anyone be interesting in the hex coding for the pic part?
Wait, what's going on? I'm clueless, please provide some links.
The Tari wrote:
Wait, what's going on? I'm clueless, please provide some links.

surely everyone has seen this.... http://sami.ticalc.org
Ooh! If you have more PIC chips, I will buy this from you premade...

Edit:Oh wait, I forgot about MSD8x... Sorry.
I have to admit, that didn't cross my mind, but...here are a few advantages:

-No drivers for different branded cards
-No program to send/recieve files other than the built in one on the ti-os
-Works for almost all TI graphing calculators, not just the 84+

I thought about selling them, but, although I would like to think I am pretty good at soldering, It is annoying to me to solder for long periods of time and I tend to get destructive with it after I do it for so long, but we will see.

I dropped a bid for $5 shipped on a PSX memory card with 4MB and an LCD screen, I might win, (I hope so), If I do, the project will go on. If I don't I guess I'll have to wait and bid on a 3 pack of 1MB cards or something.
His PixPander doesn't work; ever wondered why it's been at 0.1 Beta? I've built it before, and so have several others (although there was one guy who got it to work, but he completely redesigned it; he didn't say how he did it though; I'm thinking that the PIC code is good, but I've noticed tht his schematics and placement/values of his components is preety shoddy (especially since he was going for his PhD at the time)).
Interesting. Do you know who this is or how I can get in touch with him? If I could just get it to work, it would help me alot since I test alot of different things on my calculators at home and in spare time at school since I am back, and it does me no good to have a blank calculator in 1st period.
Well, maybe a fake ram clear prog would be a better solution for you...
The teacher doesn't erase them...it crashes.
What calc do you have?
I have a ti-83+ and a ti-84+
I'm pretty sure that Sami's not really a member of the community anymore, sadly.
IT WILL BE MY DESTINY TO FINISH THIS!!!!

With my 3 for $6 shipped ebay memory cards. Hehe. Anyone want to help?
I will, bit I have no idea how to do ANYTHING required by this.
i might be able to help, though there is not to much i can do other than reasurch, as i have no experiance with pic chips, or low level languages, but if i can i would be happy to help
Quote:
With my 3 for $6 shipped ebay memory cards. Hehe. Anyone want to help?

Well, seeing as I'm the only one with experience in this field (this deals a lot with console modding/microcontrollers Very Happy), looks like you and I are going to be working on this (Kerm *might* help us, but he's a little busy with all of his other projects...)

Also, I suggest that we move from PIC to SX procs...because I no longer use PICs Idea (although I'm preety sure the PIC routines are fine, but as I stated above, the other electrical components and the TI software need to be messed with)
I'll get with you on aim if I can, thanks alot for helping you guys. In the mean time...
Teaser
Just to get some bearings straight; about how good are you with ASM (for TI calcs)?
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Just to get some bearings straight; about how good are you with ASM (for TI calcs)?

What is ASM? No, seriously, I do know, but I have no clue as to how to program for it, which is why I picked up this project, it can be used in BASIC, which I would like to think I am very good at. I already have the chip, programmer, and everything(almost) I need, so I don't really want to tinker with the design.
netham45 wrote:
I will, bit I have no idea how to do ANYTHING required by this.
So then how would you have helped before you got banned? Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours