when you store a program in an appvar, do you run the program in the appvar by copying the data into RAM and then jumping to wherever you copied it to in RAM (like a lbl)?
It depends really as both scenarios are possible, however this could be a little tricky from a C program. W. Archived code needs to take a few things into consideration, but it's completely possible to run code from within archived variables (in ASM it's easy). What would you using this for?
I haven't made any heavy duty applications yet (since i'm still a n00b), but I was just wondering how it worked since I may well have to store programs in AppVars in the future. I also wanted to confirm my suspicions that you can run asm starting from most data adresses on a device, because that would explain romcalls and that sort of thing.
Why on earth would you want to store programs in appvars.
if there isn't enough space in the program storage, and I also just wanted to see what the device could do
randomguy wrote:
if there isn't enough space in the program storage, and I also just wanted to see what the device could do

Then use convbin which already supports this feature.
I will use convbin, but i just wanted to know how it worked.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours